Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how well the red plastidip would match radiant red? I'm thinking about doing the mirror caps and a couple other things when I get a chance, maybe use the glossifier too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is an old thread but im curious also as I would love to color match some things with the radiant red as well. maybe someone will chime in?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
1. Grab a can of red plastidip
2. spray a scrap piece of plastic
3. possibly spray glossifer if wanted
4. observe

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Nada prob, you'll just have to wait for someone to chime in then. The OP's been waiting 4 months. Hopefully an answer will come along.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Check Ace Hardware. I bought a can of red there a while back. I do not, however, have a Radiant Red to compare it to.

Im going to a Toyota dealer tomorrow...are there any new cars with Radiant Red? I could spray a swatch, or just take my can to the dealer and find a car and spray it!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I vote just spray the car and compare... :lol5:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What models come in Radiant Red these days?
:lmao: i'd gladly find out just to see the look on the salesmans face when you walk up to it with a rattle can ready to spray.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought mine at Ace as well. Cost about 8 bucks/can. I've only done my Toyota emblem on the grill, which looks like a great match since it's not right next to the paint. I'm not sure if it's close enough for the grill surround or bumpers... the mirror caps would probably be okay though.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
The way it was explained to me was that red is one of the most difficult color to match. Even from the same can, if the surface has different texture, the color will look unmatched. It seems that the only way to see if it's close enough match is try it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I bought mine at Ace as well. Cost about 8 bucks/can. I've only done my Toyota emblem on the grill, which looks like a great match since it's not right next to the paint. I'm not sure if it's close enough for the grill surround or bumpers... the mirror caps would probably be okay though.
thats what i want to do with mine, the black is nice, but looks cheap compared to that, off to ace hardware i go LOL

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I think a coat of dip glossifier over those red mirror caps would damn near match perfect

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks awesome. Is that just the red plasti dip?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a color keyed grill and door handles from Sparks Toyota and a set of tow mirrors. Then a black rear bumper and sprayed the front bumper black. Also got blacked out headlights. I think it works well. Hadn't thought of trying to match the radiant red. I would think you'd be repainting it constantly.
STTC6392.JPG
2011-05-21_17-17-57_744.jpg
GOGW7340.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts