Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem with the recycled air button staying on? Mine goes off a couple of minutes after I turn it on. Funny how Toyota recommends that you use the recycled air in your truck, but the button doesn't stay on. Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Interesting problem, the only thing that it will not work on is if you have it in defrost mode. Otherwise it should work. If its not working in other positions such as AC, or floor heat take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Why pay good money for a truck when its broken.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is a computer set thing...it'll automatically turn itself off after 8-10 minutes ( I forget exactly how long) Many vehicles with automatic climate systems do this (my Mazda3GT, for example). I don't think you can change it either, but if I remember right, there is an explanation in the owners manual. I think it's linked with the outside temp, too.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I had the sme problem until i read my owners manual, you have to push and hold it for 2 seconds and it will stay on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do not use the recycled air in my truck because it ends up melting the snow and ice on the floor, this creates humidity and causes all the windows to fog up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the only way I have to worry about ice on the floor is if I spill my drink....

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
I had the sme problem until i read my owners manual, you have to push and hold it for 2 seconds and it will stay on.
Bro you are the man! I thought it was a defect. I've been goin out to the desert house on the weekends and I've had to keep hitting that stupid botton every time it goes off other wise I have a dust storm in my cab. 2 seconds ay? Sweet! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bro you are the man! I thought it was a defect. I've been goin out to the desert house on the weekends and I've had to keep hitting that stupid botton every time it goes off other wise I have a dust storm in my cab. 2 seconds ay? Sweet! :)

You can get it to work on defrost mode too if you use foot and defrost combo setting on dial.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts