Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here running the Recon White Lightning tailgate bar? Pro's or Con's?
I really like the look of that bar and ready to pull the trigger on it but would like to hear from others that might already have it.

· Premium Member
314 Posts
Had it on my 08 Crewmax. Easy to install and it looked good. The reverse light function helped with backing up as well, added more light which is always nice.

Plan on getting another one soon for my 12 Crewmax.

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
I tried it on my Tundra and it wouldn't fit unless i modded the top plastic piece on the rear bumper. The tailgate would hit it. You have to remove the lip off the top of the plastic piece on the rear bumper then it would fit fine. I decided i didn't wanna do that and got a PlasmaGlo Fire and Ice.

I did have one that wouldn't work new out of the box, and had to send it back to Amazon. But the 2nd one they sent me worked fine and was a nice bar (I had it on my Dodge and took it off when I traded for the Tundra). It's alil brighter than my PlasmaGlo, but I do like the fact my PlasmaGlo is 2 pieces and doesn't cover the spare tire hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.