Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, so please be patient.

I just sold my 2002 TRD Tundra to buy the 2007 Double Cab TRD. It's a great truck so far...with the following exception.

When traveling to the heliport one morning, I noticed it was "raining" on my rear seats. It wasn't raining outside, but there was initially a lot of dew on the roof. On further inspection, the water coming in appeared to be getting in around the top seal of the back window...across the entire width of the window.

Took it to the dealer and they said it was probably just a bad little bit of caulking. They called to say it would be another couple of days -- apparently there was ZERO sealant or adhesive holding the rear window in place.

Only thing retaining the glass & frame was four assembly pins installed at the factory to position & hold it in place on its way to the sealant robot. Apparently, the sealant robot was out of juice...

Dealer said if I'd rolled down my windows while driving, the whole back window would have popped out into by bed...

Weird!

·
Registered
696 Posts
My first post, so please be patient.
Took it to the dealer and they said it was probably just a bad little bit of caulking. They called to say it would be another couple of days -- apparently there was ZERO sealant or adhesive holding the rear window in place.

Only thing retaining the glass & frame was four assembly pins installed at the factory to position & hold it in place on its way to the sealant robot. Apparently, the sealant robot was out of juice...
The sealant robot was out of juice because good-ol' boy Bubba down there in Te-Hass was recouping from a beer-buzz weekend and forgot to add the juice. ;)

It does sound weird, because most of those robots shut down automatically when they run low or out of material.

·
Registered
341 Posts
you must of got a truck made on a monday or friday. That sucks but could of been worse I guess. Is it all fixed up now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, it's all fixed up. I even got a free detail job out of the deal.

Of course, while the truck was in for detail, my IPod was stolen, but that's a different story...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts