Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 CM 4x4 with stock rear suspension and icon shocks. I was inspecting my truck and noticed that my wheels/tires stick out of the wheel well about 3/4" FURTHER on the Passenger side, than the drivers side. What's going on here? I went over to my buddies house who has a 2007 double cab with stock rear suspension and his does the same thing! Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am interested to hear more about this. My brother is experiencing the same issue on his 2010 CrewMax. This is a real head scratcher...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. Every once in a while somebody notices then makes a thread about it. Lol

That means you know, so please share...

·
Registered
717 Posts
I haven't noticed. I might have to take a look tomorrow if weather permits. That and I think I saw a thread somewhere earlier about this. If I have the initiative I'll have to search for it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've noticed this few weeks ago. Didn't really bother me so I was just what ever about it. Good to know mine isn't the only one like this.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok did more research and it's normal, but haven't gotten an answer as to WHY it's like this and if there is a way to fix it...

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Easy and cheap fix is:

Align your line of sight parallel to the passenger side to the point where you notice the greatest amount of protrusion.

Next, get in your truck and drive.

From that vantage you will not see it and neither will anyone else.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy and cheap fix is:

Align your line of sight parallel to the passenger side to the point where you notice the greatest amount of protrusion.

Next, get in your truck and drive.

From that vantage you will not see it and neither will anyone else.
I followed your directions and I can still see it in my side mirrors. What now...??... ;)

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I followed your directions and I can still see it in my side mirrors. What now...??...
LOL, did you close your eyes? Sorry just trying to cheer you up. If it makes you feel any better, I read the sinking dash thread at 36,001 miles. Saw people were getting it fixed under the 36K bumper to bumper warranty. Ran out to check my dash and low and behold, it was sunk just like everyone else. Now I just try not to look that way. Only other fix I can think of is get bigger rims and tires and make both sides protrude outside the wheel well.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, did you close your eyes? Sorry just trying to cheer you up. If it makes you feel any better, I read the sinking dash thread at 36,001 miles. Saw people were getting it fixed under the 36K bumper to bumper warranty. Ran out to check my dash and low and behold, it was sunk just like everyone else. Now I just try not to look that way. Only other fix I can think of is get bigger rims and tires and make both sides protrude outside the wheel well.

Sinking dash?! Yikes.

I'm not to worried about this, but it is still very strange.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Passenger side where column meets the dash. Fix is a modification to the existing bracket that keeps the dash from sliding down couple centimeters. I am gonna fix mine with a dash cover.

·
Registered
13,682 Posts
a lot of manufacturers have the rear axle offset...

i dunno y.

they just do.

i kinda figured it was like the fj lean, its just there...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I saw DC yes and CM no with the wheels sticking out.

Another reason to get a CM! We are not lopsided :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got new 33" Duratracs on Fuel Boost wheels on my 08 DC and noticed this after I got home. Was driving me freaking nuts to the point where I thought I was sent a 0mm offset wheel instead of the +20mm. Made sense since the passenger side sticks out just under 1" ...which would explain the difference. Problem though is the wheel is indeed stamped 'Positive 20 ET' like the rest. Guess I'll get some flares to help mask the difference. I dont' think people notice this with stock wheels as they sit inside the fender wells.

Looks good though :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts