Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had to get a rear wheel bearing replaced that presented with very weird symptoms..

I was towing a trailer across the country when a popping noise and a rear wheel seizing developed while turning at low speeds. Got the truck into a dealer to get checked out and they diagnosed it as a rear wheel bearing...

This is the 2nd rear wheel bearing i've had replaced and the other presented with a grinding noise while driving at any speed.

All in all it was a very easy process, it was covered under my 100k CPO warranty so I only had to pay the deductable which I was very happy about. I was also surprised the dealer didn't try to blame the problem on my Auburn Posi differential. They even noticed diff chatter during the test drive after replacing the bearing and went ahead and replaced the fluid and even used the correct additive.

I went to Mark Miller Toyota in Salt Lake City and I couldn't be happier with the service they provided. The service advisor (Mitch) was very communicative with me through the process. The repair took a day longer than they originally said due to parts availability. But they got the the cause of the problem instead of trying to give me a run around due to aftermarket parts.

Based soley on this experiance with them I will definitely be returning there for future service needs.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Glad you had a good experience. But these trucks don't have rear wheel bearings. They have axle bearings, and a bad one of those would not cause the condition you described. Sounds to me like there was something wrong with the differential. Does it say that they R&Red the wheel bearing on the work order?

·
Registered
137 Posts
did any of you folks get a vibration in floorboard of truck? mine is bad about 40-50 gets better above 70mph ? am wondering tires or brgs,I am going to local tire shop to have guy road test with me to see if he thinks it tires before I goto dealer.. I have platinum warranty so there should be no issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts