Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a question for the experts here, regarding the factory rear view mirror. I've got a Tundra Grade that came only equipped with the old fashioned rear view mirror that has the little tab that you have to flip to "dim" the mirror at night. I'm looking to upgrade to something with an auto dim feature, and potentially even homelink, but I'm not sure if all the factory wiring is pre-existing on Tundras or not. Previous to my Tundra, I was a die hard Jeep guy, and can pretty much tell you every aspect of a Wrangler or Grand Cherokee inside and out, but I just don't know that much about Tundras yet.

I found Brand New Compass Autodim Rearview Mirror w Complete Installation Kit | eBay on ebay, and if the wiring is pre-installed above my console, I feel this would be perfect (even though there is no homelink, since the price is right), because I don't need one with a back up camera screen in it, because I already put a Kenwood nav system in the truck with a back up camera.

Does anyone have any experience swapping from the plain jane mirror to one with the bells and whistles? Any experience with something like the one I linked?

I appreciate the help guys! :beerchug:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just installed the autodim mirror with view screen and camera a couple of weeks ago. I know my 2013 DC was prewired and it was all plug and play. I think you can just remove your overhead console and check for the wiring. It's only 6 screws and super easy. There will be a wiring harness at the front of your console that you would plug into if your truck is prewired.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 07' SR5 CM had the regular mirror in it. I got one of the auto dim mirrors with homelink that was out of a Tundra and the wiring was there. I was a simple 15 minute job to install it. I believe they are all prewired, but would be a good idea to check, like mentioned above it's only 6 screws....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts