Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the E8 400MM gate opener on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00II9C9WW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and found a third party receiver that will work with it? I've learned from the folks at JSJ Protech that some of their clients have used 3rd party remote receivers that they were able to integrate with the gate opener and get their vehicles built in remote (on the rear view mirror ) buttons to work. I tried training the gates existing remote according to my Tundra user manual and it does not take, confirmed by gate manufacturerers JsJ Protech themselves. Anyone have a mod they've been able to install on the gate opener to work with a 2016 Tundra? Thanks in advance! BTW, this is a great gate opener, easy to install, working great for me. I'd really like to use the built in button on my Tundra instead of the fob that came with the gate though..., as a bonus I'd like it to work on my wife's Lexus as well ...Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KJ,

It's always worked fine for garage door openers. Are you saying you have the exact same gate opener and it works for you by programming it with the the remote that came with the E8 400MM (or similar model from same manufacturer?) This is a driveway gate opener that came with it's own remotes, not an overhead door opener.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would think there is a place on the control box for the gate to hard wire a trigger to open the gate.

order a homelink universal receiver and wire it in.
there is where the existing receiver is, "homelink universal receiver" is the key to making this work now that you mentioned it ... What's interesting is that I got a reply to this same question on Amazon Q/A from someone that said this gate worked with their 2015 Highlander. I'm going to give it another try as the Tundra should have the same transmitter as the Highlander but if it doesn't work, I think this is the info I needed.

Much Thanks, I'll chime back in once I've got it all sorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.