Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting Sumo's and extended shackles on to get 1" of rear lift, it is more apparent that my driver side rear is about 3/4-1" lower (closer to frame) then the passenger. This is with just a few gallons of fuel so it's fairly consistent. I added the sumos for towing and they work well, I added the shackles to get off of them a little for better empty ride, which works most of the time, but the one side is noticeably lower. I have adjustable shackles. Should I consider moving the driver side only up a 1/2" hole to level it side to side? The problem is that side is just barely touching the sumo so it gets some bump from time to time. I know you wouldn't do that on the front, but what about the back?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
how does the front measure? is there any lift in the front? usually the rear is off cause of drivers side lean in the front that is way more noticable after a lift.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
how does the front measure? is there any lift in the front? usually the rear is off cause of drivers side lean in the front that is way more noticable after a lift.

Fronts match at 37 3/4" from ground - have 1" spacer lift installed.
Rear DS 39 1/2", PS 40 3/4"

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
did you install the shackels? did you torque the bolts with the weight of the truck on the rear springs?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm - nope

But it was unlevel even before the shackles. I first noticed this when I was installing the Sumos as passenger side went in with 1/2" to spare and the driver side I had to lift the truck the get room to install it between frame and spring pack.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you install the shackels? did you torque the bolts with the weight of the truck on the rear springs?

I can do this however. But being as the bolts changed as well as the shackles, would the torque specs match OE? There was no literature with the shackles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess nobody has anthing to say other than a couple anonymous thumbs down, whaterver the crap that means....

Is it possible that one side's spring pack is weaker than the other?

I put my camper on and now the driver's side sits only about 1/4" off the sumo and it hits fairly often. The ride is not rough, but when the springs squat over a dip or rise in the road, they hit the Sumo and you get a buck or rebound off the sumo. Gives you a rocking horse effect. Going of a concrete bridge or road with some ridges it can get like a carnival ride. The added 300# or so from the camper makes it worse. I'd rather the overall ride be harsher or rougher from stiff suspension that ride a crow hopping truck. I believe if I get the driver's side off the sumos the same inch that the passenger side is, this will decrease greatly. I guess I'll just try it and see. Being as the spring is between the axle and frame, there should be no frame flex from it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.