Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I backed into my parking space and shut the truck off, the light above the rear window stayed on, and it's on, now. I'm afraid that I'll get up in the morning and discover a dead truck. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Make sure you didn't hit the switch with your knee as you got out of the truck and it's in the "on" position . If if isn't in the on position, you could try to pull the fuse.

Also that that light only comes on if theres a door ajar or if you have the switch in the on position. Try to lock the truck using your remote and if it has a continuous beep, theres a door open.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, kd. I'm a little embarrassed, but I went out to look again, and the light was off. I'm wondering if that particular light is supposed to stay on for a little while, once the truck is off and locked. I pressed the lock button like I always do, and it was the usual two chirps, so the doors are all closed. Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
If you pressed the lock button twice, it probably would have gone out like the headlights do without any delay.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That light is on a timer, just like the headlights. After a few seconds it will go out. You can also set it so it won't come on when you turn the truck off. The switch is on the lower left hand side of the dash near the stearing wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure you didn't hit the switch with your knee as you got out of the truck and it's in the "on" position . If if isn't in the on position, you could try to pull the fuse.

Also that that light only comes on if theres a door ajar or if you have the switch in the on position. Try to lock the truck using your remote and if it has a continuous beep, theres a door open.
YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you so much! This was driving me nuts tonight at the hockey 🏒 🥅 arena. I was so pissed! Ofcourse my 6’7” 300 lbs + plus ass hit the switch with my knee (or my fat!) You’re the best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts