Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know

One thing I've learned: Bilstein 5100 series FRONT shocks are NOT what you want for this set-up, they are 0.875" LONGER than the standard length 4600 series shocks. Use the 4600 series Bilstein shocks, and the front will match the lowered rear.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Any pics with the drop installed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: H2O MAN

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I like it! I'm not looking to do the same, but I think it makes a lot of sense for people who want the best street performance, which is most. Would love to see it with some wide high performance tires!

What springs did you get?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alcan made the rear leaf pack, but you can use your existing leaf springs if they are still in good shape - mine were toast. The front coil springs are new OEM Toyota... I probably could have used the original coil springs, but I decided to go with all new. There is an Air-Lift kit that works with lowered Tundra trucks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowering the rear of this Tundra is easily one of the most
rewarding mods I've performed on the 10 year old truck.

Benefits that I've seen since lowering the rear and adding a rear sway bar:

. The occasional bed bounce & vibration are gone.

. The seating position is more comfortable, I no longer feel like I am being pushed toward the windshield.

. I have a better view from the rear view mirror, I can see more of what is right behind me.

. Lane changes & cornering are much more precise, even at higher speeds.

. I didn't give up any ground clearance.

. Launch & acceleration are more efficient than before.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
So the bottom hole on the shackles is the lowest setting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.