Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to build a rear facing dual sub box for two 8-inch Subs. I have 2 Dayton audio ultimax eights from my Tacoma that I would like to use. I'd like my box to be similar in shape to the JL stealthbox that fit the trucks up to 13. I know there's less room under the seat in the newer trucks. Has anyone built a box like this and if so do you have any dimensions? I need between .35 and .5 per sub. So I should be able to build a box that fits only on the driver side. I have built a lot of boxes in the past but I just don't want to have to build two or three to get one that fits correctly.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #2
I could go as big as .75 per sub and run a port on the outside of the box over to the passenger side to save air space in the box. Ported would be ideal but airspace may not allow that.

·
Registered
x_posts
that jbl sub dimensions are heavily guarded. I know I searched. the only thing I was able to get out of the jb tech was that it takes about 99% of the right half of the right half of the bench seat and it has about 1.5 inch clearance from the firewall.

how have you made out with this project?

x_y_of_z_posts