Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the good news. I sold my 4.6L and just purchased a 2013 5.7L for my towing needs. Expensive lesson I learned about choosing the wrong engine :banghead: What a difference in power!

Old Tundra had Revtek 2.5"/1.5" leveling kit. Was slightly raised in the rear for towing/hauling heavy loads. I'm having the dealer install a leveling kit to avoid warranty hassles in the future. It appears Revtek is NOT an option from these guys. Probably due to strut disassembly taking more time than spacers above the strut?

My choices are ReadyLift 2.4"/1" or 3"/1" or 3"/2". Will the heavier 5.7L not raise as high in the front compared to a truck with 4.6L engine? I ask this, because I'm trying to figure out what rear block size to get.

Also, are tapered rear blocks (to avoid axle wrap) a gimmic, or do they really work? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If towing is a priority, why not go with an add a leaf instead?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have a 1" block in the back and tow a camper. Doesn't affect it really... I think a 2" might cause some axle wrap issues under heavy stress. Some say it doesn't though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts