Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what hardware is needed to mount rear Bilstein 5100 in rear? My installer said the bushings and washers that were on there (i bought it used) would not work with the 5100. My 5100's didnt come with any extra mounting hardware. Ive seen Bilstein B4-KT1-Z097A00 and Bilstein B4-KT1-Z103A00 but am unsure on what to use. Theres a good chance my installer wasnt sure what he was doing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I used the stock hardware (nuts and bushings) off the original shocks.
But I only had 12K miles on it at the time...

·
Registered
45 Posts
92k miles on my 2008 and just replaced the rear shocks with 5100. Used the stock hardware. Get a different installer or do it yourself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's really easy. You re-use the bushings from the old shocks. Bilstein supplies you with a new top nut but you re-use the bottom nut at the bottom of the strut.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just put 5100 rears on my '13 DC 4x4 a few days ago. I used original bottom bolt and nut and all top bushings/plates but used supplied nut from 5100 kit for the top mount. Unless your bushings are completely worn, they are suppose to reused for the new 5100 install. Mine were fine and I'm at 50K miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to replace the hardware since my truck is going on 115k miles. It appears that the bottom washer is missing on mine. Not sure if the installer lost it when taking old ones off or what. Guess I should have done myself. Now I have to order new. Was just wondering if anyone else had ordered replacement hardware and if so what they used. Those Toyota ones are pricy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts