Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice truck Raven. I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my CM. I'm going with the Truxx 3/1 lift and will eventually be going to the 295/65R18 Duratracs. I currently have 0 offset Rockstars. I'm pumped to have it all hopefully soon.

My question to you is, have you experienced any of the VSC issues that sometimes arise after lift+bigger tires?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very nice truck Raven. I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my CM. I'm going with the Truxx 3/1 lift and will eventually be going to the 295/65R18 Duratracs. I currently have 0 offset Rockstars. I'm pumped to have it all hopefully soon.

My question to you is, have you experienced any of the VSC issues that sometimes arise after lift+bigger tires?
The only time I ever experienced the VSC kicking in was when I made a few banked turns at speed (you know those big looping interstate entrance ramps). All I did to resolve this was to slow down and not make such a sharp turn. After that, no more problems:cool:

post some pics when you get your truck done. btw, when I 1st started running my duratracs, i went w 35 psi, but found that was too soft for my taste, now im running 40 psi. nice and comfy. those tires are awesome, you're gonna love 'em

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well thats definitely good news. So you didn't do the shim on the sensor or the zero point calibration?

Thats some good news considering my truck is the same model year as yours.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
no shims, and never had to do zero point calibration, so yeah good news for you....what kind of level kit ru installing again?

·
Registered
9 Posts
no shims, and never had to do zero point calibration, so yeah good news for you....what kind of level kit ru installing again?
Definitely good news for me.

I'll be putting in the Truxx Level Lift. 3/1 lift with a diff drop.

I've had the duratracs on a 2011 4Runner I owned for short time at the beginning of this year. Loved them and know they'll be great for Canadian winters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks great.

You made a nice choice of wheels and tires. They look GREAT on your truck! I am about to install a 3/1 level kit, and I am still trying to decide if I want to spend the money on new tires. I am currently running the factory installed 275/70/18 BF Goodrich tires. Now that I have seen your truck I have to decide if I want to spend the money on new rims too. Damn.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I ran my stock TRD wheels/tires for a while after I had my level kit installed. It looked pretty good to me, but my buddy offered to buy them, so I went ahead and got the new wheels/tires. There are a few guys (SP) on this site that ran the same size duratracs on stock wheels and they looked great. I really like the fact that my new wheels are 9.5" as opposed the the stock 8". Makes em look even bigger

·
Registered
45 Posts
i wanted the readylift 3/1 lift. but have heard its not good to do the 3inch cause its bad for the front end. so has anyone had any problems with there set up?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts