Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, finally got the shims and shackles put on and new tires.

I used 2x CB shims on each side and the +3 CB shackles then threw on 295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on the stock 2016 TRD Pro wheels. I also had the CB steering kit put on and the truck still feels pretty good. Not a whole lot of road noise from the tires. I only got to drive the truck home and now am sitting on an airplane - going on a 4 day trip, so further driving and playing with the new toy will have to wait.

What a difference! I feel like this is closer what the stock off-road Tundra should come from the manufacturer looking like! In the picture with the other truck, that is for reference on the new stance, that is my brother's Limited Sunset Bronze Tundra TRD Offroad with TOYTEC 3" lift and 305/65R18 BFG K/O2's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Conventional wisdom here is that performing a lift or huge tires is doing mischief to the superbly tuned PRO suspension.

I hear you that you've achieved what you want it to look like. But what about the performance now? Did you have the "stock" PRO setup on there long enough to be able to judge things before and after this lift?

Or does the appearance change alone suit your uses for the truck?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fair point. I am no engineer, nor am I some super hardcore off-roader, so I would say that this conservative 1" of lift and slightly larger tires serves my needs just fine.
Thanks for checking in, though, X.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts