Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TRD pro shock and +3 CB shackles installed

I scored a set of take off TRD pro shocks for $1200 and installed the rears yesterday along with some coach builder +3 shackles and poly bushings. Getting the old bushings out of the leaf springs were by far the hardest part. I used a ball joint press (looks like a c clamp) but I had to be creative with stuff around my garage because the adapters the press came with wouldn't quite work. After the old bushings were out everything went in really smooth. I'm going to install the fronts after I receive the shims I ordered from CB. So right now I have a crazy amount of rake. About 4" total. Measures 36 1/2 in the front and 40 1/2 in the back.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Probably yields great downforce at very high speeds ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Pretty safe bet you have the only Tundra on Earth set up this way. I'd drive it around a bit.

And forgive me but I can't help but say, It's appropriate that this big bootied ride is the color it is. I'm thinking Serena Williams here. (I love her!)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Weird. The +3 shackles are supposed to net something like 1.6" in the rear right? With 2" from the PRO suspension up front, you should have lost about half an inch of rake.

Drive it around a bit, get the shackles to settle and re-measure?

derp

·
Registered
265 Posts
Weird. The +3 shackles are supposed to net something like 1.6" in the rear right? With 2" from the PRO suspension up front, you should have lost about half an inch of rake.

derp
hmmm... i thought +2's resulted in about that. from seeing the physical length of the +3's in other videos this is kind of what i'd expect with a modest lift up front.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty safe bet you have the only Tundra on Earth set up this way. I'd drive it around a bit.

And forgive me but I can't help but say, It's appropriate that this big bootied ride is the color it is. I'm thinking Serena Williams here. (I love her!)
Haha well if I left it as is I definitely wouldn't have any sag when towing my travel trailer :). In my opinion this look is def best suited for women tho. :D

derp
I haven't installed the fronts yet. I am waiting on shims from CB to get here. I'm hoping after the fronts are installed I have about an inch of rake.

The +3 shackles are supposed to yield about 1.75" of lift I think.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I haven't installed the fronts yet. I am waiting on shims from CB to get here. I'm hoping after the fronts are installed I have about an inch of rake.

The +3 shackles are supposed to yield about 1.75" of lift I think.
ahhh i should have had my morning coffee before responding. i have a friend that bought an f-150 with the booty all jacked up. the only difference is he's leaving it that way haha.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Aaaah. Now it makes sense. I thought you already had the fronts installed.

derp

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the fronts installed over the weekend and had the alignment done today. Truck rides great and the front now measures just over 39 inches. So I have a bit over an inch of rake, but It's hardly noticeable and looks good in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I plan to install this suspension into my 2010 DC. My dealership is willing to assist with installing CB shims etc. How many inches of lift did this give you over your previous setup. In all my research I have never gotten a definitive answer on this. What tires do you plan on getting later? Can you provide a parts list? I appreciate it and I too love a little rake in my vehicle. Was looking at UCAs as well. Thank You!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
So I plan to install this suspension into my 2010 DC. My dealership is willing to assist with installing CB shims etc. How many inches of lift did this give you over your previous setup. In all my research I have never gotten a definitive answer on this. What tires do you plan on getting later? Can you provide a parts list? I appreciate it and I too love a little rake in my vehicle. Was looking at UCAs as well. Thank You!
I plan on doing the same thing with my 2010 CM. It looks like the TRD pro suspension and 2 CB shims you should net about 3 inches up front. I just ordered my shims. Are you doing the install yourself? If so you will not need help from the dealer. The shims go on top of the coilover assembly on the 4 bolts. They are idiot proof because they can only go on 1 way. I am hoping to clear my 35x12.50 tires on 20x9 +30 rims

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
@firerescue4 any luck getting it installed? I really wanna see the final product with 35"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will be done the week after Christmas. I will post pics and a review when it is done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alignment was all within spec, truck drives great and goes down the road straight. As of now I am not planning on getting ucas. The only other thing I would like to do is get some bigger tires but that will be next year sometime.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Perfect, thanks for the update. I guess the 2 CB shims don't take it out of spec to require new UCAs.

I have the Pro suspension, but I've been debating if I should get CB shackles and shims before installing them. Now I'm contemplating selling them and getting a set of Kings or Foxes.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Perfect, thanks for the update. I guess the 2 CB shims don't take it out of spec to require new UCAs.

I have the Pro suspension, but I've been debating if I should get CB shackles and shims before installing them. Now I'm contemplating selling them and getting a set of Kings or Foxes.
It all depends on your proposed use. If you are going to wheel your truck hard then kings or foxes might be in order but the Pro kit is very capable. I use my truck as a truck. I tow, haul, and use it off road on occasion. The OME 612 and CB +2 shackles have proved very capable, I just want a bit pusher ride. The OME can be a bit stiff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got the fronts installed over the weekend and had the alignment done today. Truck rides great and the front now measures just over 39 inches. So I have a bit over an inch of rake, but It's hardly noticeable and looks good in my opinion.
I just received my CB order of 4 shims and the +3 shackles to go on my new '16 TRD PRO. I will be getting it installed tomorrow (should end up with just under 1" of rake) and I will be getting some 295/70R18s Nitto Trail Grapps put on the stock TRD PRO wheels. I was wondering how it would look with that rake so thanks for posting the pic, looks good in my opinion!!! I'm assuming mine will look very similar to what yours looks like.

Will post some pics tomorrow evening or Friday once its all on there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It all depends on your proposed use. If you are going to wheel your truck hard then kings or foxes might be in order but the Pro kit is very capable. I use my truck as a truck. I tow, haul, and use it off road on occasion. The OME 612 and CB +2 shackles have proved very capable, I just want a bit pusher ride. The OME can be a bit stiff.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Let me know how it goes.
@Migs53 Please update your results.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts