Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I upgraded my showes to some 35" Toyo AT II Extremes ( awesome tires btw!) and I noticed that I took a performance hit. Lost power ( seemingly), seemed to have lost an entire gear...and MPG of course. After some debate I decided and looking at post by others on these forums I decised to pull the trigger on a re-gear. It's been 2 weeks and I am really glad that I did. It feels like I have some power back, it's definatley a little peppier and I got my 5th gear back. Also possibly some MPG too. I no there is a lot of debate as to waether or not you need to re-gear after going to 35s ...but I am personally glad that I did and I do notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$400...not bad.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How do you like the tires? I am going to get them in 34's. Are the extremes very aggressive?

=ShubShub;1498802]So I upgraded my showes to some 35" Toyo AT II Extremes ( awesome tires btw!) and I noticed that I took a performance hit. Lost power ( seemingly), seemed to have lost an entire gear...and MPG of course. After some debate I decided and looking at post by others on these forums I decised to pull the trigger on a re-gear. It's been 2 weeks and I am really glad that I did. It feels like I have some power back, it's definatley a little peppier and I got my 5th gear back. Also possibly some MPG too. I no there is a lot of debate as to waether or not you need to re-gear after going to 35s ...but I am personally glad that I did and I do notice the difference.[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts