Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking through some of these posts, I didn't see any Platinum Tundras.

After a lot of looking and tire kicking, I found a 2016 Platinum about 2.5 hours from my house, that I picked up on 12/31/16. It was a demo and had 5,200 miles on the truck before my test drive. I added another 8 miles before I purchased the vehicle. Did all my negotiations through emails, texts and phone calls.

Total MSRP = $52,999 - (includes running boards, wheel locks, paint protection film, bed extender, bed liner with rail system and remote engine starter, destination/delivery fee)

Discounted = $6,799

Price = $46,200

Rebate = $1,500

Final price $44,700.

I found my own financing at 1.99% since they wouldn't do the Toyota 1.9% with the rebates, but I felt like I got a decent deal. According to my buddy, that is in the business, $44,500 was the wholesale price for a 2016 with 5K miles. It was my target price so when I got close I had to take the deal.

The best I could find on a 2017, that wasn't a demo was $49,029 (includes $1,000 rebate) and the MSRP was $52,339.

I also found one other demo, a 2017 with 1,600 miles, but after numerous emails they got down to $49,366 after rebate, but it had an MSRP of $53,529 and included Remote Engine Starter, Brushed Stainless Steel Stepboard, and a TRD Pro Performance Dual Exhaust System. It was actually the one I wanted, but I couldn't justify another $4,666 just for the exhaust and sidesteps. Actually it took 2 weeks of emails for them to get to the $49,366, they started with $50,990, which was a complete joke.

if anyone needs additional info, shoot me a PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you did good. I bought my 17 Platinum 4x4 on 9/30/16 for $48,000 (MSRP of $51,650). I got the 1.9% financing for 60 months. It's that mods that really add up though and I don't really think I did that much yet - Undercover Flex tonneau cover, LineX Premium spray-in bed liner, TRD rear sway bar and shift knob, Viper remote start, color matched mirror caps and door handle, driver-side grab handle, LED interior/canopy/license plate lights, TRD Pro Grill waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you did good. I bought my 17 Platinum 4x4 on 9/30/16 for $48,000 (MSRP of $51,650). I got the 1.9% financing for 60 months. It's that mods that really add up though and I don't really think I did that much yet - Undercover Flex tonneau cover, LineX Premium spray-in bed liner, TRD rear sway bar and shift knob, Viper remote start, color matched mirror caps and door handle, driver-side grab handle, LED interior/canopy/license plate lights, TRD Pro Grill waiting to be installed.
wish I could have found one without the dealer installed options. I would have preferred a spray in liner, dont like the running boards and will be switching them out, dont have a need for the bed extender, and I think the film paint protection is a waste of money... I have pricing for a bed cover and side steps, will being both in the near future.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Id say you did really well. I paid $43,625 OTD (includes a $129 dealer fee) for a 2017 Limited with Sunroof, TRD Duals and remote start and think I did well but you're just over a grand more and you got a platinum model. Pretty nice!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but your truck is considered used, which is why you couldn't get the rebates and financing. I believe any Demo over 3k miles is considered used, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but your truck is considered used, which is why you couldn't get the rebates and financing. I believe any Demo over 3k miles is considered used, no?

It qualifies for new financing as long as it had never been titled before, the mileage doesn't really come into play

·
Registered
877 Posts
It qualifies for new financing as long as it had never been titled before, the mileage doesn't really come into play

Ok just looked it up, our department of motor vehicles considers it used after a certain mileage. Only reason I know is because I looked into doing this prior to buying my current vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok just looked it up, our department of motor vehicles considers it used after a certain mileage. Only reason I know is because I looked into doing this prior to buying my current vehicle.

it qualified as new, like previously stated, because it was never titled. It was a lot of miles for a typical demo, from what I have seen, but I feel it was the only reason I could get a Platinum at that price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts