Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1287 Posts

·
Registered
13,631 Posts

I'm the one on the right. That was taken before the operation on the space ship. (my boobs are bigger now)

ya just gotta be long enough that it slides down the left pant leg so zippers are not an issue. lol
skinny jeans...not gonna happen. Hahaha
I lit myself on fire welding once, with leathers on. Yup, I'm talented.

Well, I am just scarred mentally I guess lol.

I have caught myself on fire.

Once while plasma cutting something I caught my rubber anti-fatigue mat on fire. Didn't realize it as it was a cold fire so the mask didn't light up for it.

Found out only when the air hose blew out hahaha... Pants were slightly burn't. Didn't even feel it.

The worst ever is when you get a hot in your boot. When that happens you can't get the boot off so you just have to hop around like you got a hot foot. :D

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Well, I am just scarred mentally I guess lol.

I have caught myself on fire.

Once while plasma cutting something I caught my rubber anti-fatigue mat on fire. Didn't realize it as it was a cold fire so the mask didn't light up for it.

Found out only when the air hose blew out hahaha... Pants were slightly burn't. Didn't even feel it.

The worst ever is when you get a hot in your boot. When that happens you can't get the boot off so you just have to hop around like you got a hot foot. :D
My old man took some red hot slag to the forehead, then it bounced off the inside of his brazing glasses and seared it's way into his eyeball. (yeeeouch) He only grunted a little. That man was tougher than woodpecker lips. We drove him to the emergency room. They removed it with a magnet and a scrapey thing.
I didn't know I was on fire, either. lol I was standing in floor dry that somebody (me) threw down after replacing a fuel filter so it was soaked with gasoline. It was to my knees before the guys stopped laughing and told me I needed to put myself out. A-holes. lol

·
Registered
10,535 Posts

I did my share of welding back in the day as a MetalMonkey ~ finally got smart and bought the 14" Wellington boots with a smooth toe box.
The length took care of the cherries falling into the boot and the rounded toe let them bounce off onto the floor. :x

All the jokers I worked with dogged me out because I wouldn't wear the Irish Setter style boots.
The stitching trapped the cherries and the boots fell apart . . .

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts

I watch a lot of Motor-Head TV ~ I've seen the images from Hershey but I've never been.
Looks like a good time ~ takes more than a day to see it all I'm told.

I only went in the museum. That only took about an hour. lol
Independence Day Fireworks were ok, but after practically living at Disneyland for a year, they were... meh.

·
Registered
13,631 Posts
My worst hot foot was from it somehow burning through the pants and going in through the top. Burned through the sock. Embedded itself between pinky toe and next toe.
Had to take the boot off and the burn't sock and pick it out.

A second time I had it somehow get past the upper leather tongue. Still haven't figured out how that happened.

I guess it was just hot as shit and the leather said no entry to it, and it squeezed it's way through.

·
Registered
13,631 Posts
My old man took some red hot slag to the forehead, then it bounced off the inside of his brazing glasses and seared it's way into his eyeball. (yeeeouch) He only grunted a little. That man was tougher than woodpecker lips. We drove him to the emergency room. They removed it with a magnet and a scrapey thing.
I didn't know I was on fire, either. lol I was standing in floor dry that somebody (me) threw down after replacing a fuel filter so it was soaked with gasoline. It was to my knees before the guys stopped laughing and told me I needed to put myself out. A-holes. lol
Lol.

Once I had a hot pop up over my mask and made it's way to the area between my hair and the front strap on the mask. That sucked.

Not sure which was worse, that or the time I was shooting and had a case bounce off the side wall at the range and land right on the top of my shooting glasses and went right between them and just below the eyebrow. Got me good.

It wouldn't have been that bad, but it melted to the glasses, so when I flicked them up and they went back to rest it burn't a second time. :|

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
My worst hot foot was from it somehow burning through the pants and going in through the top. Burned through the sock. Embedded itself between pinky toe and next toe.
Had to take the boot off and the burn't sock and pick it out.

A second time I had it somehow get past the upper leather tongue. Still haven't figured out how that happened.

I guess it was just hot as shit and the leather said no entry to it, and it squeezed it's way through.
Ain't nothing quite like a burn. I've never had a real bad one from welding, just the little buggars that find their way in.
One of the shops (a dealership) I worked at caught the snap-on man on fire. Burned him pretty bad. He was watching from beind a couple guys as they tried to start a car with gas poured into a plastic cup. Car backfired and the guy tossed the cup, dousing the dude dressed in polyester with gas...the flame chased the gas trail and lit the dude up. Polyester melted to him. Yuck.

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Lol.

Once I had a hot pop up over my mask and made it's way to the area between my hair and the front strap on the mask. That sucked.

Not sure which was worse, that or the time I was shooting and had a case bounce off the side wall at the range and land right on the top of my shooting glasses and went right between them and just below the eyebrow. Got me good.

It wouldn't have been that bad, but it melted to the glasses, so when I flicked them up and they went back to rest it burn't a second time. :|
That sounds like my luck...here, let me burn you again, says the .45 cal brass. hahaha

·
Registered
13,631 Posts
Ain't nothing quite like a burn. I've never had a real bad one from welding, just the little buggars that find their way in.
One of the shops (a dealership) I worked at caught the snap-on man on fire. Burned him pretty bad. He was watching from beind a couple guys as they tried to start a car with gas poured into a plastic cup. Car backfired and the guy tossed the cup, dousing the dude dressed in polyester with gas...the flame chased the gas trail and lit the dude up. Polyester melted to him. Yuck.
That sounds like my luck...here, let me burn you again, says the .45 cal brass. hahaha
Well, at least with the price Snap-on charges the guy who doused him in fuel might have not felt as bad.

Jk.

No one deserves that. Gasoline burns suck, made 10x worse with melted poly.

Oddly enough, the shell was a .22... Damn, felt hotter than a large case. I have caught large cases before, but never had one melt into my glasses for a double gotcha.

Obviously, during a life as a tech, we are shown a world of odd pain much worse than most other jobs over our life.

Once I broke my nose with a prybar. That sucked bad. 36". Slipped and smacked straight sideways into the nose.

There have been many other burns and injuries over the years. Broken bones in the hand from contorting in ways which I just couldn't do trying to get to exhaust studs once even. Just a crunch, pulled my hand out and saw it was in an odd form, then switched to lefty lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Totally off topic but I got pulled over by a state cop the other day for doing a burn out...he didn't actually see me in the "act" but could tell what happened. The cop was totally cool when I told him I was showing off for my son. I just lit em' up for a little bit, not like I was going crazy. Cool cop once I talked to him for a bit and started asking all kinds of questions about my truck and totally flipped out when I showed him the back window.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
I only went in the museum. That only took about an hour. lol
Independence Day Fireworks were ok, but after practically living at Disneyland for a year, they were... meh.
In my neck of the woods it's Sea World. All summer long there's fireworks for the folks to enjoy.
Then, on the 4th of July there's all sorts of fireworks displays going on all around the bay.
I'd love to see the museum at Hershey ~ The Peterson Car Museum or Cooperstown ~ or the Smithsonian . . .

How 'bout the car museum in Tuurtje's neighborhood ? ~ The Laouwman ~ he said he's been there already, the Lucky Dog.

·
Registered
13,631 Posts
Yeehaw. The time of delivery is getting shorter...

Is that the price where you are at?

Just curious as a Plat Diesel crew here with the same options came in at $71,xxx.

The Scorpion (Chihuahua as we call it) diesel is actually pretty damn amazing. Not clattery though.

41 - 60 of 1287 Posts