Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

381 - 400 of 423 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
I made some clocks as gifts for my niece and nephew. They're Christmas gifts. Yeah, it's only August, but I didn't want to be rushed in case I ran into trouble. As it turned out the whole project came together much faster than I expected. The front is held closed with a magnet but swings open to set the clocks or change the battery, and also reveals a small compartment with a shelf. It's all solid oak except the back which is oak veneered plywood. Not visible in the photos, the bottoms have four small round oak plugs as feet.

And I'm such an awesome uncle that I plan to include the 'AA' cell with each. Maybe I'll write "battery included!" on the boxes.

(Blackie wasn't impressed.)

I don't suppose I could request one of these for around mid October, JT? Maybe with a little engraving work, if you'd be game to sell one?

Edit; your work is awesome, fyi.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't suppose I could request one of these for around mid October, JT? Maybe with a little engraving work, if you'd be game to sell one?

Edit; your work is awesome, fyi.
Thanks. I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

You know, as I was working on these I wondered if I should make a few more and try to sell them. I haven't run the numbers on it to see if I could do it at a cost that people would be willing to pay. So, maybe. I'm not sure about the engraving, though... I've never done any of that.

I actually have an extra front cut already. It has a screw-up that wouldn't even be visible when it's closed, but it bugged me enough I didn't want anyone to see it when the opened it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In case it isn't obvious, the thin black thing hanging down in the last photo is a strap attached to the clock mechanism that goes under the battery, used to help you pop the battery out.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

Good Job, JT. I like the pic of Blackie, your QC inspector, having a look.

Here are our laundry inspectors, clearly asleep on the job ~ Sally & Pumpkin.

Sleepy Time.jpg

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

Yellow Bird of Paradise

Before

After

It's taken two full years for this plant to blossom ~ I was about to give up on it until this summer.​

20170918_100058_resized.jpg

20190807_104329_resized (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Thanks. I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

You know, as I was working on these I wondered if I should make a few more and try to sell them. I haven't run the numbers on it to see if I could do it at a cost that people would be willing to pay. So, maybe. I'm not sure about the engraving, though... I've never done any of that.

I actually have an extra front cut already. It has a screw-up that wouldn't even be visible when it's closed, but it bugged me enough I didn't want anyone to see it when the opened it.
We're expecting our 2nd kiddo around mid October and I thought it would be a neat thing to buy for the occasion. Kind of sadistic too as it would be a constant reminder that his clock is ticking>:D

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

Here's the neighbor's succulent ~ it just began to blossom recently.

Jerry Succulent.jpg

381 - 400 of 423 Posts