Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

281 - 300 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
That's a good use of space.
Amen to that !

We've lived in this home for nearly 30 years and rarely used the fireplace ~ hey, it's SoCal.
We robbed this idea from a condo my sister owned 15 years ago and it's worked out well for us.
The living room is small and with too many focal points it just wasn't working.

As you mentioned ~ it's a better utilization of the space for us . . . :x

·
Registered
9,745 Posts

In the olden days my compadre specialized in odd handyman jobs ~ one of which was disposing of trees and trunks that were overgrown for the space.
He would dig out as much as possible and cut the roots with a Sawzall ~ then slide the floor jack into place and go to work.
In the process the floor jack was unsupported beneath so the frame got all tweaked. He asked me to fix it for him as best I could ~ try as I may only three wheels were ever on the ground until the lifting began. He willed me the HF floor jack and I still use it for tire rotations and oil changes to this day.

Hey Jerome ~ your rig looks a lot better than my compadre's idea !

hf jack.gif

·
Registered
9,745 Posts

Another storm blew threw town bringing high winds and some much needed rain.
I have a bit of cleanup work ahead of me as soon as these fallen palm fronds dry out.

Palm.jpg

Palm3.jpg

·
Registered
213 Posts

My most recent woodworking project. It's a tool chest custom designed for a particular hobby (coin collecting), done in the style of a machinists chest.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,745 Posts

My most recent woodworking project. It's a tool chest custom designed for a particular hobby (coin collecting), done in the style of a machinists chest.
It's a thing of beauty ~ Good Job !

As a kid in the early 60s we built and raced our own slot cars. A fellow would take us from one event to the next and we needed a box for all our cars, controllers and spare parts.
I bought a tackle box similar in design to what you have made ~ however, the build quality on our units pale in comparison to yours. Seeing your creation brought back a lot of memories.
Thanks!

·
15,626 Posts
You just don't hear stories like this anymore. Kids aren't allowed to go anywhere without their parents.
probably because more times than not that "fellow" was also known as "uncle touchy"
that and kids now a days spend their free time playing mine craft and fortnite.. who's got time for slot cars or other things that cant be downloaded from the app store.

·
10,631 Posts
A friend was a in scouts back in the late 80s, his scout leader took him and two other scouts on a cross country camping trip in the scout leader's van. I think it was a three or four week trip. All the boys were teenagers. None of the parents thought it was unusual and according to my friend there was no inappropriate touching.
I think the vast majority of adults could be trusted in this scenario, but all you need is one weirdo and everybody loses trust.

281 - 300 of 432 Posts