Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Crewmax Platinum. The truck has been awesome. Recently on a road trip (at night), I pulled off the highway for a pit stop. All the lights were working fine all night. When the truck was started up I noticed that I had only diving lights. With the headlight switch on auto the Tail lights, headlights, and cabin lights were not working. Once I switched the headlight switch to On we had everything back except cabin lights. The next day I had a look through the harness and could nit find and broken or chewed wires. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, reconnected and everything worked. I wish that was the fix, but I had a feeling it would come back and it did. Right now everything works but the cabin lights. Manually I can turn them on/off. The selector switch is set to he door. I'm not sure what's going on. Please help

·
Registered
6 Posts
That sounds like a bad switch if everything works manually. Throw a meter on and see what type of voltage you are getting between the three settings.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It could be that but how would the cabin lights link to the headlight switch?
I did get the cabin lights to work with the door opening. I cycled the ignition 3x and they work.
Has anyone had issues with bad grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now that sounds like crossed wiring. Throw the meter on them individually and turn on and off. You should see a spike in between.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think that crossed wiring is something that could be expected with a truck that’s never had it’s lights modified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would start by unplugging the fog lamp and seeing if your issues are gone. You said there was no evidence of rodent damage by the wiring harness ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts