Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a complete set of RS9000 shocks installed on my '08 CrewMax today. What a difference after I dialed them in at #5 on the fronts and #4 on the rears. The trucks zooms in a straight line at 100mph without any vibration at all on the steering wheel. You can even let go of the steering wheel and it goes straight down the lane. Does any know if I need to have any other stuff adjusted, looked at or calibrated such as the VSC? Any input is greatly appreciated from anyone who has done this before.

The Minx

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I would have said an alignment, and yes, should get the zpc done.

Reactions: Insolent Minx

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I will check into that.

PowerTechn2, what part of MI are you from. I moved down here from Livonia back in 1996 after Clinton signed the NAFTA agreement. I was working for generous motor at the Clark Assembly plant in downtown Detroit and decided to move to where all the money is. I still bowhunt religiously and hunt hogs with a customized FNAR .308 with a suppressor and an ATN Spartan Night Vision Scope. It is just a blast chasing hogs at night. There is no closed season and you can hunt them year round with any weapon without a hunting license. You can even throw pipe bombs at them. The DNR doesn't care as long you are reducing their population.

The Minx

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I am from near Auburn Hills area currently

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I sorta knew that the economy was going to hell when I read the document that Clinton signed. I told my wife we need to get out before we all lose our jobs and end up in the bread line.
I just found another thread about the ZPC in the Tundra Performance area and a youtube video on how to perform this as well with a paperclip. Thanks again for the info. I will get this done tomorrow because I don't think the garage mechanics know anything about the finer points of Tundras. They just know how to change shocks.

Minx

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Cool....

Yea, gm jobs went to hell around here, it was a time bomb waiting to happen tho, people getting paid 30-35/hr to hang door panels.... While being able to drink on the job lol.

The zpc will make a difference when you get on it, prettymuch any time it is aligned or suspension messed with should be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts