Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Job!
Could use this up in New England for all of the deer darting out crossing the road in the evening!
It is crazy this time of year (late fall)...
That is the exact reason I put this one on my truck. I live out in the middle-of-nowhere, South Texas, and since I bought this truck a month ago have hit 2 deer. One was a week after buying the truck and the other was a few days after putting on the bumper.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice Job! Bumper looks great! Was wanting the Ranch Hand but was told it is not recommended on a Tundra! So I went with ARB. Did you change anything with the front suspension to support the weight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Job! Bumper looks great! Was wanting the Ranch Hand but was told it is not recommended on a Tundra! So I went with ARB. Did you change anything with the front suspension to support the weight?
Thanks! I haven't yet, but I think I want to do some Bilstien 5100's, just haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You may want to look into installing some heavier coils to support the bumper. ARB sells the 612,613 and 614s. The 5100s will fit inside them. The bigger 6112s will not fit inside the heavy duty springs. I had to buy the arb sport Nitrocharger struts since the 5100s were not available for a few months at the time. Paired them with the 613 coils since I also added a winch. Combo works well and has really improved the ride.

Reactions: xsnrg714

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may want to look into installing some heavier coils to support the bumper. ARB sells the 612,613 and 614s. The 5100s will fit inside them. The bigger 6112s will not fit inside the heavy duty springs. I had to buy the arb sport Nitrocharger struts since the 5100s were not available for a few months at the time. Paired them with the 613 coils since I also added a winch. Combo works well and has really improved the ride.
I will definitely look into those! Thanks Man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts