Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2682 Posts

·
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching this 5 acre property for close to a year and was lucky enough to buy it at the foreclosure auction.

This is what's on there now.

View from the street

Old sheds

The plan is to build a nice house and tear down the other structures.

First thing will be to build a large work shop.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
hopefully there are no petroleum underground storage tanks or other site impacts.

did you do any environmental risk assessment before purchase?

We have customers that think they are getting a deal on a foreclosure only to realize the site was contaminated and the clean-up cost was worth more than the land because they didn't do any due diligence.

other than that, time for the dozer!!

·
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hopefully there are no petroleum underground storage tanks or other site impacts.

did you do any environmental risk assessment before purchase?

We have customers that think they are getting a deal on a foreclosure only to realize the site was contaminated and the clean-up cost was worth more than the land because they didn't do any due diligence.

other than that, time for the dozer!!
Thanks, yes i've been watching and researching this land for close to a year.

nothing underground other than a septic tank and the 200m deep well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Find any good junk in those buildings? Have you looked in to having a company that does reclaimed wood come in to do any salvage work?

·
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Step 1 buy a tractor, buy one larger then you think you will need!!! Step 2, learn to use it by destroying the current buildings!!
i am actually looking for a tractor, with a front loader.

Find any good junk in those buildings? Have you looked in to having a company that does reclaimed wood come in to do any salvage work?
not yet. but that is a great idea.

what search terms would i use to find a company like that?

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
I there isn't any wood worth saving, pile it up and have a huge F'n bonfire!

If you can't go the fire route, I bet about 200lbs of tannerite in the biggest structure would be fun.

Don't start another wildfire.....that's generally frowned upon.

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
I there isn't any wood worth saving, pile it up and have a huge F'n bonfire!

If you can't go the fire route, I bet about 200lbs of tannerite in the biggest structure would be fun.

Don't start another wildfire.....that's generally frowned upon.
Its California...all that is illegal!

·
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats man that's awesome. You know what they say about land - they aren't making any more of it. Hopefully it will serve your family well. How did you find out it was in foreclosure?
I was trying to buy it from the original owner, but he was delusional. then i was offered to buy the note from the bank, but was afraid the owner would file bankruptcy and drag the process out for years so i backed out of that.
then the bank notified me that its going to foreclosure so i was there, no one else bid and we took it home.

Nice. theres room to do a short course track for the tundra lolzzzz
yup, could actually do something like that. but most likely i'll have some dirt berms for the kids with their quads/dirtbikes.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I was trying to buy it from the original owner, but he was delusional. then i was offered to buy the note from the bank, but was afraid the owner would file bankruptcy and drag the process out for years so i backed out of that.
then the bank notified me that its going to foreclosure so i was there, no one else bid and we took it home.

yup, could actually do something like that. but most likely i'll have some dirt berms for the kids with their quads/dirtbikes.
Make it a big motocross park. That would be awesome! They charge $20-25 a head in most places.

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why above your pay grade.... They say time is money and it's true with patience you can build up to what you want....
Oh and on the property pics... Looks like you got work for the tundra to do... Hauling off the crap and sorting the good stuff out...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Dragos you could post the reclaimed wood on Craigslist. I know a few guys in AZ that have bought like that. Reclaimed wood can get pretty pricey.

If it were me I'd do it to where they had to do the labor of removing it.

Looks like a fun project though!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 2682 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.