Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which wire that is used, when my cell phone rings, my bluetooth mutes my radio, when I get a call. I would like to possibly tap into this, so when my parking assist/laser jammer activates, my radio will mute. The alarm for the parking assist/laser jammer is not very loud, and I would like the radio to mute so I could here it...(Dont know if this is possible, but willing to try)

·
Registered
670 Posts
The phone sends a wireless signal to the HU to mute the audio (radio, DVD, CD, etc...) source and switch to the phone. What about adding a light that activates when the system does?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies....A light going off would be nice, but I was really wanting to do something to kill the radio when activated...Guess I need to find out which wire cuts ignition power to the radio. I just thought there was a mute wire I could hook up to..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Another option if you don't want to wait for the radio to power off then back on would be to use 4 relays to interrupt the signal going to each speaker, you would only need to interrupt 1 wire for each speaker ( just the positives or just the negatives) if you need help wiring it up let me know I can send you some info on how to wire int he relays to either cut the ignition signal or speaker wires whichever you prefer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On another forum a guy sent me this;

No problem. Looking at the wiring diagram, there should be a black 12 pin connector plugged into the back of the reciever. On the top row there will be two white wires next to each other. You'll want to tap into the wire circled in the below picture. (Its the #6 Pin), having trouble loading pic....

Easiest way to tell if the wire from your jammer is a 12V or ground wire; hook one end of a test lght up to the wire on the jammer, and the other end to a good ground. Then put the truck in a situation where that wire would be activated. If it lights up you know you have a 12 volt wire; this won't work directly. If the test light doesn't light up then you're good to go.

Wire you'll need to tap into. You may want to test it before wiring in the jammer also. Grounding this wire should disable sound coming from your speakers.

I think you guys are telling me I can not do this....Think I may look into tapping speaker wires, then the radio should come back on by itself, like the phone does...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont have nav....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
According to that diagram you don't need to have navigation just not the extreme base model radio either. I have never had a reason to look for one but I have never noticed a mute wire in there either. It very well could be there though as like I said I have never looked I am usually just in the dash to hook up audio equipment

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts