Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 4.6 DC and my brother in law just bought an eco boost and I have been giving him the gears about wanting one of them, trying to convince him that the tundra was twice the truck any ford will ever be. So now I am just waiting for the day to race him. I know the 5.7 beats the ford but what about the 4.6? Is it faster if it is 4 wheel drive? and what setting should the traction control be set in?......I now the best awnser is get the 5.7 with a supercharger:lol5: and I am kicking myself for not buyin it.....we all make mistakes.

Thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, don't put it in 4wd.
Did you turn the nannies off?
I haven't tried yet? Just wanted to know the best setting to have it in

I know the ford is fast but I haven't heard anyone else try in a 4.6 and the only one on YouTube with a 5.7 handled the ford pretty easily.

I'm interested to find out. One thing for sure....I know I will make it to the finish line, the ford I'm not so sure about :cool:

· Registered
14,308 Posts
a 4.6 will likely lose, sorry.

You are talking about a 3.5, forced induction, which basically adds about 40% more volume if i remember correctly, their v6 is essentially a 5.4...

have at it, but with a 4.6 it is a waste, if you wanna talk shit you have to get the engine worth talking shit about, not the baby 6. SRY.

· Banned
514 Posts
Depends on the driver, and what most people don't think of is the options on the two trucks. I can guarantee a 157inch wheelbase supercrew EB will not beat the Tundra crewmax 5.7l stock to stock. Now if you get some idiot in a 146inch wheelbase EB against a crewmax 5.7l then you've got a battle. Keep in mind everything has to be compared weight wise concerning features. Base model trucks weigh less which in racing is everything.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
Which one will outlast the other, that's the race I am waiting to see who wins.
I have 5.7 crew, for some reason eggobousts want to fly buy me. I just drive my speed trying to get decent gas mileage. All I know is that any forced induction will wear on an engine, and a V6 truck with charger is dumb. Now for max power they need to ECCOBOUST the 5 liter OR the 6.2. Then we can talk!

· Registered
24 Posts
Which one will outlast the other, that's the race I am waiting to see who wins.
I have 5.7 crew, for some reason eggobousts want to fly buy me. I just drive my speed trying to get decent gas mileage. All I know is that any forced induction will wear on an engine, and a V6 truck with charger is dumb. Now for max power they need to ECCOBOUST the 5 liter OR the 6.2. Then we can talk!
Please tell me more about this... Considering I know lots of folks with turbocharged engines with lives lasting well into the hundreds of thousands of miles.

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Please tell me more about this... Considering I know lots of folks with turbocharged engines with lives lasting well into the hundreds of thousands of miles.
I turbocharged car and a turbocharged truck are two different beasts. If used as a truck should be, towing and hauling, I would say that the truck turbo will take a toll much faster than a car that only bears it's own weight plus drivers. I think that is the point. Turbo based vehicles have been around for a long long time. A turbo gasser hauler? Not convinced.

I like Ford trucks, but I'm not a Guinea pig.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.