Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This makes no sense. Can't imagine why this tire would be prone to puncture. This is a premium Michelin. If you get punctures in this tire, you would have gotten punctures in any tire. As for being worn out at 23k miles, these have a 6 year, 60k wear warranty. I would advise you to see a Michelin dealer about replacing them unless there are extenuating circumstances which contributed to premature wear like over inflation and failure to rotate at proper intervals.
These tires were stock on the TRD. I spoke to someone at the dealer about the premature wear and they said its because they use a different compound for Manufacturers. So the ride quality is smoother. Their 6 year warranty doesnt cover stock configurations from car manufacturers. The tires get rotated every 5k at the dealer (I always check). And tire pressure stays at 33 front, 30 rear (recommended).

I have 2 other vehicles with tires I bought and never had not one puncture in any of them. Just the Tundra.

Im sure buying the Tires are a different story. Im not the only one which the TRD setup that had problems with these tires. But it only seems to be with the TRD stock setup. Ive done plenty of research on these tires and noone seems to have any problems with them when buying them. And most people get 50k miles out of them.

Im not sayings its a bad tired. Its an Awesome performing tire thats a fact. Im just giving my experience with them.

These tires were stock on the TRD. I spoke to someone at the dealer about the premature wear and they said its because they use a different compound for Manufacturers. So the ride quality is smoother. Their 6 year warranty doesnt cover stock configurations from car manufacturers. The tires get rotated every 5k at the dealer (I always check). And tire pressure stays at 33 front, 30 rear (recommended).

I have 2 other vehicles with tires I bought and never had not one puncture in any of them. Just the Tundra.

Im sure buying the Tires are a different story. Im not the only one which the TRD setup that had problems with these tires. But it only seems to be with the TRD stock setup. Ive done plenty of research on these tires and noone seems to have any problems with them when buying them. And most people get 50k miles out of them.

Im not sayings its a bad tired. Its an Awesome performing tire thats a fact. Im just giving my experience with them.
Seems like purposeful deception to give the exact same identity to something totally different. I'd be pissed off enough to give Michelin a call. Mine came with General tires. I expected low wear out miles because they were very soft but, I still got 32k out of them. But, if the tire says LTX AT2, you should expect that is exactly what it is and not an alternate version for OEM. Tantamount to a misleading scam, to me.

So after a week of driving with the BFG KO2 in the fronts, there's a noticeable difference in road noise. Prior to the KO2, I had my music turned up to 30 on my head unit. With the KO2, I find myself staying at 23.

my Cooper AT3 XLT a are still really good FWIW

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.