Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tundra has the Entune non-JBL system in it. The front has the 6x9's in the doors with tweeters in the dash.

I've heard that the head unit powers the dash tweeters directly and that the door speakers receive power from the amplifier under the passenger seat. What I'd like to know is if the front tweeters have a dedicated connector on the head unit or is there a cross-over external to the head unit?

The reason I ask is that I upgraded the front door speakers to a component woofer/tweeter set-up and disconnected the dash tweeters. As as result, there is no treble coming through the new tweeters now, so it seems that the signal to the front doors is low passed.

I also upgraded the rear doors with a component system, and they are putting out the full audio spectrum.

Any insight?

A wiring diagram would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
the dash speakers are not tweeters, they are 2.5" speakers.

you already know from the amp wiring thread that the radio powers the dash and the amp powers the doors. amp is low pass to the front doors therefore anything wired into the doors is low passed.

it's been explained ad-nauseum in 10 other threads.

get. rid.of.the.stock.amp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No big issues. I mounted the Kenwood 5-channel amplifier and an Audison Bit Ten to a metal bracket that I purchased from Taco Tunes. The bracket has two nice features: 1) it is a direct bolt in to existing holes in the floor, and 2) it allows the underseat heater plenum to remain.

As everyone told me, the front audio from the head unit to the underseat amplifier is indeed full range. The Bit Ten undoes the EQ from the head unit and then provides a multiband EQ for each speaker.

The only mistake I made was purchasing two of the JL Audio 6" subs to go behind the rear seat. While they sounded pretty good, I ended up returning them in favor of the JL stealthbox. Yes it is pricey but it sounds great and I now have the lower floor sub I was missing.

I dialed the system with an RTA and Bit Ten adjustments, but I'm sure I'll be tweeking things a bit more over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.