Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what parts I can keep and what parts I will need to replace my chrome front bumper with the plastic one.

Thanx.
Andy

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
To be honest its not worth all the work and money. I think Marky Mark looked into replacing his chrome bumper with the color matched plastic one and basically everything that has to do with the bumpers has to be changed, mounts, hardware, brackets, bumper supports, you name it. He said it was going to be around $1,000 to do the swap.

I presume your doing the swap for color matching and in that case your better off sanding the chrome finish off your bumpers and having them painted or powder-coated to match.

·
Registered
368 Posts
AGREE!!!!^^^^^^

It is very expensive to get all the brackets and hardware to do the swap. The dealer i work at, the owners son had his chrome ones powder coated and they looked amazing! His truck was black and the black bumpers made the truck look so much better. And it isnt nearly as pricey to do that. And removeing them is super easy. I had them off and on in about an hour!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
^^^Yeah i've heard people getting there bumpers painted and powder coated for $150-$250 much much cheaper than the swap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts