Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this connector go to?

I removed the silver parts of my dash about two weeks ago to color match them. I put the main part back on and all the switches/buttons seem to be working. I assume this goes somewhere but I can't remember.

Thanks in advance. Once I figure this out i'll finish putting it back together and take some better pics of the dash.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where exactly is it located? It may be an unused connector that was clipped into the back of a blank for other trim tundras.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is right behind the little "wallet/phone" holder compartment thing right in front of the shifter that is part of the lower half of the silver plastic part of the dash. You can see the wire it comes off of in the pic.

I know I hooked at least one connector to all the switches/buttons and I tested everything a couple of times. None of them require two connectors do they? I just didn't want to put it back together and something stop working.

But that makes sense its an SR5 not a limited so I guess I'm going to go ahead and put it back together.

EDIT: and I just realized how dusty it is on the part of the connector that would have been kinda protected if it was connected to something. That is enough evidence for me!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
automotivetouchup com it is a pretty good match. search it you should be able to find a good bit on it. A lot of guys have used it for a wide range of stuff from the door handles etc etc. with the metallic colors you have to be careful not to apply too heavy though.

I used rustoleum plastic primer it said on the can it prepares plastic surfaces for automotive paints. I would probably recommend trying the plastic primer stuff they have though but I didn't plan this ahead really. One sunday without much to do + browsing tundratalk + having a can of color match left over = this!

I'm about to put the other piece in i'll post pics later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts