Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone have different mud guards in front of the front tires? My driver side mud guard is different from the passenger side. The passenger side has these vent type cut outs while the driver side doesn't. Just wondering if all Tundras are like this. If someone could run out to their truck and tell me, I'd really appreciate it. :D

Driver side (no vents)

Passenger side (vents)

·
Registered
35 Posts
same

just ran outside and looked at mine, never noticed that before.
But yeah mines the same way..

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just ran outside and looked at mine, never noticed that before.
But yeah mines the same way..
K, thanks!! Much appreciated..

I was curious because the vents is the only place my tires rub while backing up and turning. So if I could get a vent-less guard for the passenger side, i'd be all good! Guess I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
The vents are for air intake for the engine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
+1 vents for intake. I wouldn't recommend cutting them. Might get water into the intake. If you block it then it will decrease the intake. May have to leave it alone. Unless u think of somthing better.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
K, thanks!! Much appreciated..

I was curious because the vents is the only place my tires rub while backing up and turning. So if I could get a vent-less guard for the passenger side, i'd be all good! Guess I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks again!
Theres a couple ways around that. One way is to heat up that piece of plastic and mold it so it sits further forward. Or, the way I did it, I unscrewed the bottom of the piece, pushed it as far forward as I could, trimmed off the access on the bottom and then redrilled new screw holes. It works good and you cant tell anything was done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts