Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this forum after I had a heck of a time removing the junk plastic oil cap on my 2011 4.6l. I ended up having to drop the sway bar to get a wrench on it for my first oil change. I found the thread about the aluminum Venza cap and bought one of those along with the Assenmacher cap wrench. I am going to switch it over on my next oil change in a week or two and wanted to know if the O-rings that come with the Tundra filter fit the Venza cap. I assume they will but couldn't find a definitive answer in the thread and don't want to have the oil drained and find that I don't have the right gaskets. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Where are u guys buying the Venda cap ?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I did this upgrade yesterday when changing my oil.

You need to swap out the perforated tube from the Tundra housing to the Vensa housing. I'd read a writeup about bending tabs on the tube to get it out. I found this unnecessary. I applied light downward pressure and was able to slide the tube out without bending tabs.

All the rubber gaskets are the same. Use the new ones that come with your replacement filter.

My cap did not come with a filter drain plug, so I had to use the original one - again perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information guys. Good to know about not having to bend the tabs. I also bought mine at the dealer and it was around $30, funny thing is the junk plastic one was closer to $70, lol.

Here is a link to the thread I found a month or so ago, it has the part number. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/541717-post12.html

Here is another link to the cap removal tool that I also heard about on this forum:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I did this upgrade yesterday when changing my oil.

You need to swap out the perforated tube from the Tundra housing to the Vensa housing. I'd read a writeup about bending tabs on the tube to get it out. I found this unnecessary. I applied light downward pressure and was able to slide the tube out without bending tabs.

All the rubber gaskets are the same. Use the new ones that come with your replacement filter.

My cap did not come with a filter drain plug, so I had to use the original one - again perfect fit.
coincidentally I also did the exact same thing yesterday and confirm all of the above

·
Registered
367 Posts
Try this specialty wrench. I have this and the Assenmacher. The Assenmacher tends to slip and bind even though it is the best of that type in my opinion.

This wrench works great on the Venza filter and also other Toyota products.

Tundra custom made Oil Filter tool

It has been discussed on here before.

Attachments

Reactions: SP and ponyuk

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
its on my to do list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts