Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is getting me a set of tow mirrors for my Birthday in a few weeks and she called the dealer and they told her that they couldnt order me tow mirrors because they dont have a part number. They also told her that the only way to get tow mirrors is if it come on the truck stock. I thought this was all bs, have any on you guys heard this crap before?

My wife found some on ebay that are guaranteed OEM tow mirrors with a 1 year warranty for 400$, is that a good price? She said that the guy on ebay said that the warranty was covered by any toyota dealer because when they send the mirrors they will come with a dealer invoice. Does any of that sound fishy or is it legit?

Thanks guys

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I replied in the other thread too... But that dealer is an idiot. I took my sealer the part numbers and they ordered them no issues and sold them to me at cost. 440 or 450 with tax. Look through my threads to find the part numbers

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Oh and before I bought some I'd pull the triangle cover off and make sure you have more than 3 wires. If not the lights wont work without you manually wiring them.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replied in the other thread too... But that dealer is an idiot. I took my sealer the part numbers and they ordered them no issues and sold them to me at cost. 440 or 450 with tax. Look through my threads to find the part numbers
thanks man, I looked through your post but I did not see the part number.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and before I bought some I'd pull the triangle cover off and make sure you have more than 3 wires. If not the lights wont work without you manually wiring them.
you talking about the on the outside or inside the truck? do they just pop off?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Inside and yes they just pop off... Watch for the lil clip to stay stuck in the door. You might have to get it out. Its easy though.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem man. You count your wires?
I havnt counted them yet, but I am going to. I think I should have the three wires because my tundra has the wires for the info buttons and backup camera.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to look asap and pop off the triangle piece. I pray it has all 8 wires!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just checked and I have all 8 wires! :)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I did the change on mine to power fold and after looking at several Tundra's on our lot, I am confident in saying that all Tundra's should have the basic wiring for power heated, power adjust, and turn signals. I only had to add the power fold wires on mine but the puddle lamps were not wired (I didn't get them anyway).

Also, the dealer the OP originally spoke with is not too knowledgable about mirrors then because tow mirrors are available to be added, just getting the parts sometimes can be a PITA...
Hope that helps a little.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I did the change on mine to power fold and after looking at several Tundra's on our lot, I am confident in saying that all Tundra's should have the basic wiring for power heated, power adjust, and turn signals. I only had to add the power fold wires on mine but the puddle lamps were not wired (I didn't get them anyway).

Also, the dealer the OP originally spoke with is not too knowledgable about mirrors then because tow mirrors are available to be added, just getting the parts sometimes can be a PITA...
Hope that helps a little.
actually the base model trucks (non-SR5) only have 3 wires. SR5 and to the Limited have 8 and the ones with the puddle lights and power fold have like 13 or so.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Mine is a Grade model (base) with only the TRD Sport package added. I also looked at one of our grade work Tundra's, 6 cylinder DC and it had all of the standard.

I wonder if it is a regional thing then? Thanks for the correction / imput though! That's why I love this site and I refer all of my Tundra customer's to it, there is always an answer to just about any question on here!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Mine is a Grade model (base) with only the TRD Sport package added. I also looked at one of our grade work Tundra's, 6 cylinder DC and it had all of the standard.

I wonder if it is a regional thing then? Thanks for the correction / imput though! That's why I love this site and I refer all of my Tundra customer's to it, there is always an answer to just about any question on here!
They may be just putting the same harness in all the later model trucks (excluding Limited and Platinum with power fold) since they are about to change to the new interior and style. who knows lol

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
How complicated was it to add power fold? Is there a link on the procedure?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts