Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster, lol. I have a question about a tow mirror upgrade. I have what I think is just a 2011 double cab grade truck (no sr5) with a tow package. We bought a camper and I need tow mirrors. All the ones I looked at have the turn signals in the mirror which if they're on the truck they have to work here in PA. to pass inspection.

I pulled the triangle piece on the inside of the door and the plug for the mirror has 8 wires not 3 like I see on some of the base trucks. The current mirrors are power and heated but have no lights. Does this mean it will be a plug and play for the turn signals since I have the 8 wires or not? I'm leaning towards yes but am not sure and can't be positive from what I've read on my forum searches.

If it's plug and play I'm going to order them and do the upgrade but I don't think I will if I need to run wires. I tried that doing the upgrade for the fuel mileage display and didn't have much luck, lol. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jerkin, I'm looking at upgrading to Tow Mirrors as well and had a few questions for you. Which ones did you go with (link please)? Did they end up being plug and play? How is the quality? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I recently did the exact thing you are doing with your mirrors and I also happen to live in PA. The turn signals worked fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Austin, I haven't got them yet but I'm going with the ones from 1A Auto, 2011 Toyota Tundra Power Heated Signal Towing Telescoping Mirror Pair at 1AAuto.com They are members on this site, their mirrors get great reviews and they have about the best price I've seen with free shipping. From everything I've read here as long as you have 8 wires at the plug everything is plug and play. You can just pop off the little triangle piece inside the door and see the plug.

hshuhart, do you have just a plain grade truck with a tow package also?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
My truck is a 2007 SR5 with tow package. Apparently the tow package does not include tow mirrors as my truck came with heated/electric sport mirrors. I purchased a set of used aftermarket mirrors on Craigslist for $150. Everything works including the turn signals on the edge of the mirrors. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Austin, I haven't got them yet but I'm going with the ones from 1A Auto, 2011 Toyota Tundra Power Heated Signal Towing Telescoping Mirror Pair at 1AAuto.com They are members on this site, their mirrors get great reviews and they have about the best price I've seen with free shipping. From everything I've read here as long as you have 8 wires at the plug everything is plug and play. You can just pop off the little triangle piece inside the door and see the plug.

hshuhart, do you have just a plain grade truck with a tow package also?
so when it says power does that mean if you have power folding mirrors now that these will power fold as well

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Lucky. I have a sr5 with tow package but only have 3 wires. Oh well. Hardwiring the lights will be a breeze

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts