Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Question about painting Limited wheel to match IS-F wheels

803 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Powertechn2 
#1 ·
Mods please move thread to different section if necessary..

So as the title states I'm thinking about painting my stock Limited wheels to match the dark charcoal color of the IS-F wheels. My wheels as they are right now are all scratched up, as if the previous owner drove through some heavy brush or something like that (no curb rash).. I found some wheel paint by duplicolor in Graphite.. which I imagine is close enough to the is-f wheel for a very affordable price.. Any input or examples would be helpful.. Thanks

Here's an example of the duplicolor graphite.. (fast forward to :25)

#2 ·
I used the duplicolor graphite before, but I did an entire set of wheels for my jetta, they were srt4 wheels and were silver and I wanted gunmetal... worked good, I suggest doing their clear coat for wheels if you do it... I can not and will not tell you it will match tho... but it held up well for me.

Reactions: bg_281
#3 ·
Yeah I'm definitely gonna lay down a good couple coats of clear after I paint them.. As far as the color I guess I'm already pretty much sure I want to go with the graphite.. I don't think I can find anything that is closer for a more affordable price..

Reactions: Powertechn2
#4 ·
Hit your wheels with a red scotch brite pad to scuff them up good then clean with acetone. Pretty easy process and using the scotch brite pad is great bc it is very flexible. Can get into all of the crevices easily with it. Pretty sure the stock limited wheels and alloys have a coat of clear on them but not 100% on that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Powertechn2
#5 ·
Kewl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.