Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you all that my dealership could not answer.... Are the TRD "bead lock" wheels REAL bead lock or just imitation? I think they are imitation. They said they would have to take the tire off to tell me and I didn’t know if any of you all have done this yet or not. Thanks, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I tend to call them "rim protector rings" when asked. I say things like "its there so that if I scratch it on rocks, my wheel is protected and I can go get another ring."

Keeps me from feeling like I have a lame azz faux bead lock ring :D

altho, I had a local tire shop scuff them up during an install. They had to replace all four rings at $200 a pop :eek: doubt I will be replacing them if they get scratched...

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Some dealerships are clueless! I've seen a couple of guys took off the trim ring off and they looked good without them. I think they put the screws back in though.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
That is pretty cool the RW wheels have a replaceable outer trim. I have to think 200.00 is a little much thou.

Some beadlock wheels are DOT compliant: H1 hummer wheels, Staun internal beadlock system, Hutchinson beadlock wheels...etc.

My Raceline Beadlocks are not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts