Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Guys,

I have a stock SR5 DC 4x4. I am slowly working on my build. Would I be able to switch out the stock steel rims with Ballistic Wizard 18x9 with +14 offset, and not get any rubbing? I plan to eventually go with either an OME 3' or Procomp 6' lift, but that is for the future and I think that new wheels are a good place to start.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Afternoon Guys,

I have a stock SR5 DC 4x4. I am slowly working on my build. Would I be able to switch out the stock steel rims with Ballistic Wizard 18x9 with +14 offset, and not get any rubbing? I plan to eventually go with either an OME 3' or Procomp 6' lift, but that is for the future and I think that new wheels are a good place to start.

Thoughts?
Assuming you are going to keep using the stock tires with the new wheels, your tires will probably stick out about 1/2" past the fenders. Depending on how high you end up lifting, you could go with 33" tires with the OME setup to avoid rubbing and going with the 6" lift will let you stick anything 35" or smaller under the truck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have 35's with stock wheels and a 3" level and the only rub I get is from my front mud guard in reverse. I am going with +14 ballistic's in the next few months and can report back any rubbing. There are bunches of guys on here who have 35's and a lift with aggressive tires and have had either no or little rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts