Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to Tundra brakes there are a couple options. Either you have the S13WE 199mm Tundra Calipers or you have factory upgraded to the S13WL 231mm Tundra Calipers.

Chances are if you are running bigger tires or doing any towing you will want more braking then even the 231mm’s offer. If that is you then I would suggest giving Tundra Racing-Home a call and get their 4 Piston, 340mm Front Big Brake Kit

Out of the box I was impressed: the fit and finish of these calipers is 2nd to none, the billet aluminum housings are covered with a very thick and durable powdercoat that should last for years of abuse. Hardware is top grade, were other companies skimp on the quality of their nuts & bolts, TundraRacing.com kits come with YFS 12.9 socket machine screws, 8.8-grade bolts and S/S braided brake lines.

Installation was a breeze. Simply install the supplied CNC aluminum bracket and bolt the calipers to that, truly a direct bolt on replacement with no fabrication required.

Since my application is for offroad use I opted for the slotted rotors but they also have drilled rotors and combination drilled/slotted rotors.
My option is drilled rotors acquire rocks and debris when used in the desert and offroad. For the same reason I cut the disk shields off. I have learned the hard way, when a rock gets between the rotor and shield it waist the rotor quickly.

Performance is night and day from before and well worth the investment. The ’05 double-cab Tunda’FUN stops on a dime like a new Camery now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may have posted in the wrong section and for that I apologize. TundraRacing does offer a brake upgrade for the 2nd geners that are 380mm or 15". These pics are of my '05.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
The owner of TundraRacing.com is a friend of mine and we bought our boat from him. Awesome guy, Very smart.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So has anyone done a comparison test between the TRD Big Brake Kit and the Stoptech kit for the 2nd Gen? A comparison between those AND just a rotor/pad change would be interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts