Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to pull the trigger on a Tundra. Looking at a Tundra SR5 with TRD package and another package, VS a Limited. What do I gain by going with a limited? I also saw that they had a TRD Pro, but if I don't plan on a lot of serious off roading, is that money wasted?

Thank you
Dan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just about to pull the trigger on a Tundra. Looking at a Tundra SR5 with TRD package and another package, VS a Limited. What do I gain by going with a limited? I also saw that they had a TRD Pro, but if I don't plan on a lot of serious off roading, is that money wasted?

Thank you

Dan

Depends on your budget and what bells and whistles you want. Plus if you plan on adding level or lifts and aftermarket tires and wheels. I went with a 2017 limited 4x4 crewmax with trd. I wanted the whistles. Leather, heated seats, dual auto climate control, sunroof, blind spot monitoring, parking sensors, rear color coded bumper, entune with navigation. I lifted the truck anyway so the trd package was a waste for me but couldn't find one without it. I also found u have a little more negotiations room with the higher trims. My msrp was 48 and change. Got down to 43.5. All before taxes and fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I swear I read somewhere that the sr5 was supposed to have the 38gal tank, so I bought the sr5. I should have gone to a Platinum or limited. at that time it wasn't worth it to me. Since we have a bmw suv with all the bells and whistles.

I guess I can always pony up for the 46gal aftermarket tank if it was really that important to me.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
I swear I read somewhere that the sr5 was supposed to have the 38gal tank, so I bought the sr5. I should have gone to a Platinum or limited. at that time it wasn't worth it to me. Since we have a bmw suv with all the bells and whistles.

I guess I can always pony up for the 46gal aftermarket tank if it was really that important to me.
The 2016 SR5 models come with a 38 gallon tank as long as it has the 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SR5 comes with the 38 gallon tank as long as you get the SR5 upgrade package, or the TRD pack, which includes the SR5 upgrade stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The SR5 comes with the 38 gallon tank as long as you get the SR5 upgrade package, or the TRD pack, which includes the SR5 upgrade stuff.
2017 sr5 5.7 - TRD OR pack... 26 gallon tank.

trust me it makes me sad haha

Edit - I guess I didn't get the sr5 upgrade package only the TRD OR- ah well ill see how much it bothers me if not ill trade it out

but I really wanted the front bench seat also....it has come in handy a few times already - especially when I'm the DD.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
2017 sr5 5.7 - TRD OR pack... 26 gallon tank.

trust me it makes me sad haha

Edit - I guess I didn't get the sr5 upgrade package only the TRD OR- ah well ill see how much it bothers me if not ill trade it out

Yeah, I just looked and it appears Toyota changed the packages since I bought my 2014 and they are 2 separate packages, but the larger tank is part of the upgrade pack. So, you still have the front bench seat then?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I just looked and it appears Toyota changed the packages since I bought my 2014 and they are 2 separate packages, but the larger tank is part of the upgrade pack. So, you still have the front bench seat then?

ya front bench seat - which was one of my musts - kinda dumb that I can't get a front bench without the bigger tank.

·
Registered
35 Posts

SR5 Upgrade adds the larger tank..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.