Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
that ain't a travel trailer - that's a house in WV! :)

Reactions: nwtundra

·
Registered
232 Posts
What does that thing weight?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 37 foot weighs 8500 no helper springs or blocks ..I'll get some better pictures soon it's all cleaned it has sliding glass doors ,regular kitchen table and such I got a steal on it plus SHE wanted it or I probably wouldn't have one this big

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow that thing is huge!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its a 37 foot weighs 8500 no helper springs or blocks ..I'll get some better pictures soon it's all cleaned it has sliding glass doors ,regular kitchen table and such I got a steal on it plus SHE wanted it or I probably wouldn't have one this big
Is that 8500 the stickered UVW or a true scale weight. I bet that thing is pushing 11,000 - 12,000 pounds?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya 8500 dry no water in it and no its accually not the park model there's a difference between them park models are electric only

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Ya 8500 dry no water in it and no its accually not the park model there's a difference between them park models are electric only
I see you are using a WD hitch, which is good, but what is the rating on those torsion bars? Looks like that camper has a tongue weight of like 1100 pounds without propane/batteries.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
12,000 pound bars only have a 1200 pound tongue rating, that thing dry is at 1160 tongue, by the time you add batteries/propane/water you will be well over the rating of the bars and that does not factor in anything in the bed of your truck...not trying to be "that guy" but I see you have a little guy in the back seat of the truck so it is something to keep in mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts