Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys sorry to ask this question. I know I've seen the answer in a thread but can't find the thread. I am getting ready to add led's to my puddle lights but I'd like to know what glue/adhesive you all used to reseal the lens cover.

Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, I have super glue. I was thinking there was a black silicon glue or gorilla glue that I read in another thread but if super glue works as well then I'll try that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I was able to get the driver side puddle light out, spend about a 1/2 hour separating the two pieces with a hot blade was doing fine until I broke the black clip. I managed to super glue the clip back on but not sure it will hold up to when I place the light back in the mirror since its a tight squeeze to get it back in.

Any suggestions if the clip breaks while placing the light back in the hole as to how to keep the light in the hole? Should I use a bead of silicon around the light to hold it in place?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DONE! this wasn't as easy as it looked in the DIY's, but considering I am a newbie to handling these types of projects I think I did okay.

The driver side black clip that I broke and glued back on didn't hold up to the pressure of placing it back in the housing. So I used a little of super glue and some clear silicon to hold it in place and it looks clean and works.

Learning my lesson from the driver side I carefully removed the passenger side today, and once again with a hot blade separated the two pieces. If i have do this again, I probably won't use the hot blade as its difficutl not to melt the clear and black plastic leaving a bunch of uneven sections, but the passenger side did come out cleaner, I didn't break the black clip and I put back in the housing a few minutes ago. Both work, I'll see how they look at night.

Time for a beer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts