For the 1st 1000 miles;

Avoid full throttle acceleration when starting and driving

Avoid racing the engine

Try to avoid hard stops for 1st 200 miles

Don't drive for a long time at a single speed

Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles

· Registered
341 Posts
I ve always been told to break new engines in hard becuase you need the pistons and rngs to seat properly. if you baby it too much they wont seat which will add to engine failure. and do not swich to synthetic oil to soon there not good for fresh engines. I;ve been told to wait till about 10,000 KM"S

· Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone have proper break-in advice? I've heard many different opinions on the matter. Just bought the 5.7 double cab :)
First truck i bought in 84 or 85 I did the full break in, I did get over 250k miles out of it.

But since then I drive them home the way I 'll drive them every other day and to me it doesn't seem to change a thing, although I only keep them to about 100k before selling it.

· Registered
38 Posts
Syeaman.....and how could you tell? By taste?

I'd like some documentation as I'm about to do my first oil change.

Mahalo,
TK

· Registered
341 Posts
theres not to many car manufactures that put synthetic in untill the engine's broke in, synthetic doesn't allow for a proper engine break in so I doubt they would ship it with synthetic unless they break the engine in on the dyno, which I really dont think they would!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.