Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is in the ballpark of how I use my truck on our ranch, glad to know it holds a high standard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice little testing ground there. Good to know Yodas still hold up. Although individual results may vary.

Reactions: lars00n

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I seem that video about a year or so ago before I bought mine. Does make you feel good.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think a cool video would be one where Toyota engineers tore down an F150 and Ford tore down a Tundra.
That'd be pretty interesting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the best point I like out of Toyota "defending" their product is "rigid does not mean tough" which makes sense parts and pieces DO have to bend to function. I remember the rep that sold me my first F150 would tell me this truck will not torque until over "XXX" pounds. At the time I thought shit that's strong.. now after going down trails and unpaved roads, pastureland like we have to do... I want some flex.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
They had a whole series of videos on Youtube a few years ago of the Tundra they gave to some West Texas Ranchers. They overloaded the hell out of it with a gooseneck or 5th wheel. Then at 100K they showed the video of them tearing it down.

Is this the same thing or did they do it again? I am too lazy to watch it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Its from 2009. Its called "Tundra Deconstructed". It was on the Toyota Website for years, until the whole Space Shuttle thing took over. Pretty cool stuff. Def some marketing going on too though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Too bad they never released the 2010 test data on the second truck after they started the budgeting down of the truck. The new steering rack to name one and the courtesy lights, and who knows what else.

Still a good truck though.

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
I have absolutely no doubt that a tundra could handle a rough 100k on a ranch, get new brake pads, a fluid change and still have another 100k left in it, easy. So, let me just say that first.
However, that video didn't really prove anything.
It was 2 guys talking about driving it, there was a screen shot of an odometer and then video of people tearing a dirty truck down and saying, "looks good".
That entire video could be recreated with a few actors, a film crew and a group of mechanics, tearing down basically any truck.
Again, not saying it wasn't legit. Just saying that video wasn't proof of anything.
And keep in mind, if Ford or Chevy made the exact same vid, a lot of us might be thinking the same thing and even calling BS.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Very cool video I have never seen it until today. That is a huge ranch 300 square miles
Nice to see it hold up to that test hope my 2011 does that well

·
Registered
109 Posts
Them theres some good ole TEXAS country boys, they dont lie!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Haha. No. Just my goofy sense of humor mixed with some Texas pride! Flag

Reactions: Joesgarage08
1 - 20 of 26 Posts