Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the mnimorimoto H1's installed along with Retrofit Source low beam ballasts and bulbs. BTW, what a PIA that was - they sure made it sound like it was going to be easy on their website - 3hrs my arss!

Anyway, the drivers side light seems dimmer than the passenger side. There is a noticeable bright spot center ahead (hot spot?) that is nice and bright, which is how I think it should look. The uneveness in light out put is also noticable standing in front of my truck looking at it - part of that could be as a result of the below, but the light output on the driver's just seems dimmer overall.

In addition the driver's side beam is noticably lower than the passenger side which is odd since I did not make any adjustments tot he reflector housing?

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Make sure the bulb is seated correctly. If it is crooked or not all the way in it could cause this problem.

Also when you did the install, did you remove the reflector hoursing from the back of the headlight or did you do the install without unscrewing the adustments? If you removed it chances are you didn't screw it in the same way. Have any pics?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the bulb is seated correctly. If it is crooked or not all the way in it could cause this problem.

Also when you did the install, did you remove the reflector hoursing from the back of the headlight or did you do the install without unscrewing the adustments? If you removed it chances are you didn't screw it in the same way. Have any pics?
I will double check that tonight. I read a report or two on HID planet about how the bulb holder/screws on some of the new morimoto's tend to stick out more which prevents the bulb from seating properly.

I did not seperate the reflector housing from the back of the headlight so all factory adjustments were unchanged. I did try lowering the left some and raising the right with the adjustment screw in the back but the beam did not seem to move much or at all when I did this - I turned one 3/4 and the a half a turn more - maybe I need to turn it more than that?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okeedokee think I got it figured out... After removing and reinstalling each light some dozen times tweaking the rotational axis a bit on each, and playing with the vertical adjustment I FINNALLY got everything straight and adjusted to where I like it.

BTW, to adjust the light up rotate the screw counter clock wise and to lower the beam rotate the nut clock wise! No fricken wonder I couldn't get the lights lined up properly - I was raising one the side and lowering the other the low side. :eek: I think after removing and adjusting the lights for an 8th time is when I figured that out! I read on another it was the opposite. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Okeedokee think I got it figured out... After removing and reinstalling each light some dozen times tweaking the rotational axis a bit on each, and playing with the vertical adjustment I FINNALLY got everything straight and adjusted to where I like it.

BTW, to adjust the light up rotate the screw counter clock wise and to lower the beam rotate the nut clock wise! No fricken wonder I couldn't get the lights lined up properly - I was raising one the side and lowering the other the low side. :eek: I think after removing and adjusting the lights for an 8th time is when I figured that out! I read on another it was the opposite. :mad:
Congrats...........glad you got it worked out. Enjoy your retrofit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts