Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Viktor
Did you get positive I.D. and removal of the Neg Electrode and insulator pieces during plug removal ?
I think the electrode melted and evaporated and the insulator went out of the exhaust, I drove the truck for about 50 miles before pulling the plugs, so no way the broken bits stayed in the cylinder that long.

Reactions: RedBullistic

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Here is a video with some details of the direct port nitrous setup and the blower pulley removal/installation tricks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hell of a project. Congrats!!!!
Wow it's a honor to hear from you Supercharged. The first man to break the 11 second 1/4 mile in our heavy double cab Tundra's.. Good to hear from you. RB (y)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hell of a project. Congrats!!!!
Man, you are actually the guy that got me into modding my Tundras. I joined the forum in 2012, right when you and BRX were starting to go hard at the track. I literally copied your signature that listed your mods into a Word document titled “Viktor’s wish list” lol.
I am really surprised to hear from you, I thought you were not around the forum anymore. Thanks for getting me going down the path of drag racing my Tundra!
Do you still own your 11 second truck?

·
Registered
943 Posts
The Track days with BRX were great times. As for the 2011 DC I felt it was a ticking time bomb, so I pulled off the SC and exhaust and traded it in for a 2015 RCLB.
Around the same time I got into running and went from doing 1 mile races and now into 100 mile+ races. That and a growing family took all the time away from the Tundra.
My Tundra is bone stock now except for the SC, but that will start to change soon. Plan is to install headers, exhaust, maybe 50mm pulley, 15lb Braille Battery, meth injection, traction bars, ice box, rear locker and SABM.
Victor your build is awesome and much needed in the Tundra community. Also great to see Redbullistic here. Super clean truck.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The Track days with BRX were great times. As for the 2011 DC I felt it was a ticking time bomb, so I pulled off the SC and exhaust and traded it in for a 2015 RCLB.
Around the same time I got into running and went from doing 1 mile races and now into 100 mile+ races. That and a growing family took all the time away from the Tundra.
My Tundra is bone stock now except for the SC, but that will start to change soon. Plan is to install headers, exhaust, maybe 50mm pulley, 15lb Braille Battery, meth injection, traction bars, ice box, rear locker and SABM.
Victor your build is awesome and much needed in the Tundra community. Also great to see Redbullistic here. Super clean truck.
I am happy to see you back, there are almost no performance/racing minded guys left on this forum. The last post in the "Performance modification" section was from 25 days ago lol.
Look forward to reading about your progress and changes to the truck. FYI, if you put a 50mm pulley on, you must upgrade the fuel system. I've installed a fuel pressure gauge on mine and found out that not only the injectors were fully maxed, but the 325lph Aeromotive pump could not supply enough under load and the pressure dropped causing it to run lean.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good to be back, thank you. I have the ASP smaller pulley installed now. Not sure if ASP makes one a bit smaller than that but not 50mm?

Will definitely be picking your brain on some stuff I could try on my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Good to be back, thank you. I have the ASP smaller pulley installed now. Not sure if ASP makes one a bit smaller than that but not 50mm?

Will definitely be picking your brain on some stuff I could try on my truck.
I had the 50mm custom made locally by a machine shop.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just ordered the Harrop TVS2650 along with smaller pulleys.
Tired of Whipple dragging their a$$ on releasing the 2.9 twin screw for our platform.
My cast is off and I am slowly recovering from the surgery, will try to install the new blower with help from friends and do some test runs in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Installed the Harrop blower last night.
On the lowest boost (85mm) top pulley and the ASP crank pulley it peaks at 9 PSI.
The truck is quite a bit slower now than it was on the TRD blower (50mm pulley at 14 PSI).
Ran a couple of 1/8th miles yesterday night on a closed course and got only an 8.2 @ 82 mph (used to hit high 7s @ 87-89 mph on the TRD).
Time to swap the smaller pulley in!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Installed the 75 mm pulley and boost went up to 10 PSI.
Ran a couple 1/8th miles on a private road and picked up 4 mph from last runs (8.0 @ 86).
Getting close to the numbers the TRD was putting out with the 50 mm top pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
My TRD blower is for sale:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Finally! With BRX now twin turboed and in Dubai and Eddy's old truck parted out, this may just be the quickest current North American supercharged Tundra in the 1/4 mile :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Here is a video of the newest adventures in Toyota Tundra drag racing.
0-60 in 2.9 seconds (3.1 without roll-out).
Personal best 1/4 mile time ever!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ViktorY Different perspective with your on board Cam. Keeping it just under 11.5 Seconds is outstanding. Ive put a hurting on a S/C Challenger light to light. He was the only one that stopped me to say He had know idea a Tundra could launch so fast. I guess the stars were inline because the lights where timed perfect. I slept great that night knowing he couldn't figure out 😧 how a Supercharged Challenger could be man handled by a Truck. Keep doing your homework Vik and keep us posted 🤙

Reactions: Wynnded and ViktorG
61 - 77 of 77 Posts