Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Weight reduction -Advanced

This video is about how to reduce the truck race weight by another 330+ lbs if you are really committed to the process.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The engine is in the truck and running!

Here is a time lapse of the forged engine build and install in the truck.
It drove home fine, but there is a rattling/knocking noise at a specific RPM range just above idle.
I am hoping it is just the supercharger coupler (even though I replaced it like 4 months ago), and not the internals of the motor :|

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Put around 150 miles on the new motor and decided to give it a quick 1/4 mile workout.
Well, the 8.5:1 compression has definitely decreased the truck's performance.
I only did one run and got [email protected], where as my best run on the stock 10.2:1 engine was [email protected] (in much colder temps).
Waiting on the upgraded S/C pulley to bring the power back up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not sure why you went too low on the CR. Mine is 9.8:1. I have installed a 50mm custom made 50mm SC pulley with the other ASP pulleys, gained around 4.5 PSI. The problem that I have is that the boost is never stable, fluctuating between 10 and 12 PSI. Hope things work out for you.

Put around 150 miles on the new motor and decided to give it a quick 1/4 mile workout.
Well, the 8.5:1 compression has definitely decreased the truck's performance.
I only did one run and got [email protected], where as my best run on the stock 10.2:1 engine was [email protected] (in much colder temps).
Waiting on the upgraded S/C pulley to bring the power back up.

Reactions: ViktorG

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not sure why you went too low on the CR. Mine is 9.8:1. I have installed a 50mm custom made 50mm SC pulley with the other ASP pulleys, gained around 4.5 PSI. The problem that I have is that the boost is never stable, fluctuating between 10 and 12 PSI. Hope things work out for you.
The stock 10.2:1 compression would cause some pinging even at my current 8-10 PSI, unless I was running the safest stock tune available.
I just got a custom 50 mm pulley made as well, will put it on once my wrist heals, that will bring me up to around 14 PSI I am guessing.
The reasons I went with that low of compression is that I am also adding a 200 hp shot of nitrous to this truck, as well as this is my daily driver using pump gas.
Down the road, I will be going with a Whipple or Harrop blower as well, and the boost will be over 20 PSI at that point, so the 8.5:1 is to accommodate for the future boost levels.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pulled the blower out on the weekend.
Installed the 50mm pulley, 200 hp direct port nitrous system and replaced the coupler.
The boost peaks at 14 PSI now >:D
Haven't tried NOS yet, my bottle is empty, but ran a 12.3 @ 109 on motor today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
BRX ran mid 10s on his twin turbo setup last year and I haven't seen anything from him since.
Where did you hear that he blew up his new motor?
Im in close contact with BRX. Al is his name. No truth he blew up. He was contemplating on retiring his truck and just concentrating on his Scion. My last chat with him last week. He's going to continue racing his Tundra. Retirement isn't going to happen. He's going to continue getting lesser second times at the track. His Scion is a sure eye opener. Stuffed His 5.7L Supercharged engine in it. Things a go cart on fire.

Nice job VictorG. I enjoy your progress / Success with your Tundra build. Ive always been curious running the Nitrous on our Supercharged Tundra's

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That looks like a Northern Mexico Christmas bow!
I like that!
Finally the snow has melted and the Northern Mexico race season is open again!

Reactions: Wynnded and Wacked

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Im in close contact with BRX. No truth he blew up.
That's good to hear. BRX and Supercharged are the two guys that led me down this path of Tundra performance.

Nice job VictorG. I enjoy your progress / Success with your Tundra build. Ive always been curious running the Nitrous on our Supercharged Tundra's

Thanks brother! The bottle will be filled this week and the octopus/spider hybrid (aka Mexican Christmas bow :)) will come to life!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
That's good to hear. BRX and Supercharged are the two guys that led me down this path of Tundra performance.

Thanks brother! The bottle will be filled this week and the octopus/spider hybrid (aka Mexican Christmas bow :)) will come to life!

We caught the same bug buddy. I do remember BRX & Supercharged first meeting in Florida. We are the old schoolers. Let you know there is a few of us still out there hurting rich kid's feelings by not allowing them to steal our personal spaces LOL. I still count my kill's. Have some great stories as of you I'm sure. Again it's great to follow your builds and success experiences. Bro if you don't mind Id like to hit you up where I'm at with all the Horse Power Im able to squeeze out of my SC, DC lowered 4x4 TRD. Im still in contact with a lot of Tundra talks old schoolers as they went over to warp speed facebook. Its great to come back to TT and run into Builders like yourself. Ill PM you about my dual exhaust idea. Im a FACT guy not a,,, I heard it works. :facepalm:

Reactions: Wacked and ViktorG

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We caught the same bug buddy. I do remember BRX & Supercharged first meeting in Florida. We are the old schoolers. Let you know there is a few of us still out there hurting rich kid's feelings by not allowing them to steal our personal spaces LOL. I still count my kill's. Have some great stories as of you I'm sure. Again it's great to follow your builds and success experiences. Bro if you don't mind Id like to hit you up where I'm at with all the Horse Power Im able to squeeze out of my SC, DC lowered 4x4 TRD. Im still in contact with a lot of Tundra talks old schoolers as they went over to warp speed facebook. Its great to come back to TT and run into Builders like yourself. Ill PM you about my dual exhaust idea. Im a FACT guy not a,,, I heard it works. :facepalm:
Yeah, I'm still not on the Facebook, but it seems like everyone is migrating to that platform.
There are barely any performance oriented guys on this forum anymore.
Back in 2011 when I put a blower on my other truck, there was a lot more excitement about pushing some power out of these motors.
You can definitely PM me, but unless it is something top secret, I prefer just posting in a thread.
That way the information stays around for another Tundra fan looking for tips on modding his/her truck.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Yeah, I'm still not on the Facebook, but it seems like everyone is migrating to that platform.
There are barely any performance oriented guys on this forum anymore.
Back in 2011 when I put a blower on my other truck, there was a lot more excitement about pushing some power out of these motors.
You can definitely PM me, but unless it is something top secret, I prefer just posting in a thread.
That way the information stays around for another Tundra fan looking for tips on modding his/her truck.
No worries on anything secret squirrel. I agree with you on showing the consumer the stages of what works and what doesn't. I was able to meet the old school TT guy's. Phil really sticks out in my memory. His avatar was SoCal. He was awesome on TT. He would show step by step pictures on how to maintain our Tundra's. Breaks Etc. He was such a professional gentleman when I met him at Qualcomm stadium in San Diego for the 1/8th mile street legal races. Family man that had his [email protected]$ together. I met all the west coast racers. Keith Dirty Deeds. Jimbro Etc. Long story. You'l understand when I PM ya.

Reactions: ViktorG and Wacked

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hello Wacked. Talk about a Senior member. Its been awhile since the Bad dad, Mr Creo and the other Jaw jacker days here on TT LOl. Hope Ole Creo is doing good.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Hello Wacked. Talk about a Senior member. Its been awhile since the Bad dad, Mr Creo and the other Jaw jacker days here on TT LOl. Hope Ole Creo is doing good.
It's all good. Unfortunately Creo left us recently, he went to the dark side and got a F250 diesel. He stayed a while and remained a strong contributor as only he could >:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think you're right, the guilt finally go to him
Haha Creo was a hungry guy. Well let him enjoy his Diesel. He's probably playing with a tuner so he can make more exhaust Lol. He was always about whats coming out his exhaust. Also I wonder if Canadian's are slowly doing what we are. Im seeing Electric cars in our future and slowly takin the steering wheels out of our hand's into self driving vehicles. Leave it to us to tinker with them and make our's faster then everyone else's Lol :eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey Viktor,
Here's a few more Supercharged Tundra's that still sneak around keeping low profiles. Striking when ever needed. Keeping Dodges / Honda's and Subaru's at bay.. Haha Ill get you Reggies Fully rebuilt 5.7L to a 6.2L Video. Got some digging to do.

Cant seem to load our quick video of our South Cali Tundra Gathering last summer.?. TT just cant handle the Pixels or something.?. Ill dumb it down re-send.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Viktor don't mean to HYJack your thread as I'm sub to your the success of your build. Past & Future. Ive added 2 2nd gen projects for us staring at our dash tubes. And for us stuck with 22''TRD Forged Rims without their center caps. Ive attacked both project issues. Heres a few pic's on the progress. Anyone with even a slight mechanical ability can do this. RB..

Attachments

21 - 40 of 77 Posts