Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a lift is the lowest setting on the stage 2 6" coils? I'm wondering if I can install them on a stock tundra with diff drop brackets? I can get a set for cheap!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Can u get an extra set for cheap ? ;)

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
How much of a lift is the lowest setting on the stage 2 6" coils? I'm wondering if I can install them on a stock tundra with diff drop brackets? I can get a set for cheap!!
A buddy of mine has a 2007 Crewmax Limited with the Pro Comp Stage 2 kit and if i do remember correctly when I looked at the coilovers there were no threads even showing on the shock body. He got the two tools necessary to crank them down because he wanted a bit more room for his 37's and they rode so terrible with just a couple turns that he ended up putting them back up the way they came. From my knowledge, they are only going to work with the pro comp drop down bracketry/knuckles or someone elses kit that is damn near the same specs otherwise your angles will be thrown way off. For example, Fabtech's subframes are not as tall as Pro Comp's so if you put the PC Stage 2 coilovers on a Fabtech kit, everything would be pinned out and the truck probably wouldnt even have enough adjustment for alignment nor would it ride good or even be safe. The coilover is much taller than a standard bolt in 0-3" lift coilover made by like ICON, King, Fox etc. I really don't even think the 6" lift coilovers would fit on a stock truck without the dropdown brackets, they're physically just too long. I hope this makes sense. Maybe somebody else has mix and matched the stage 2 coilovers with another kit or with just a diff drop spacer and can chime in on this? Just trying to save you from wasting your money on something that won't fit your truck! This may be a good deal to pass on to somebody that does have the PC stage 1 kit and wants to upgrade though!

·
Registered
526 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 2007 Crewmax Limited with the Pro Comp Stage 2 kit and if i do remember correctly when I looked at the coilovers there were no threads even showing on the shock body. He got the two tools necessary to crank them down because he wanted a bit more room for his 37's and they rode so terrible with just a couple turns that he ended up putting them back up the way they came. From my knowledge, they are only going to work with the pro comp drop down bracketry/knuckles or someone elses kit that is damn near the same specs otherwise your angles will be thrown way off. For example, Fabtech's subframes are not as tall as Pro Comp's so if you put the PC Stage 2 coilovers on a Fabtech kit, everything would be pinned out and the truck probably wouldnt even have enough adjustment for alignment nor would it ride good or even be safe. The coilover is much taller than a standard bolt in 0-3" lift coilover made by like ICON, King, Fox etc. I really don't even think the 6" lift coilovers would fit on a stock truck without the dropdown brackets, they're physically just too long. I hope this makes sense. Maybe somebody else has mix and matched the stage 2 coilovers with another kit or with just a diff drop spacer and can chime in on this? Just trying to save you from wasting your money on something that won't fit your truck! This may be a good deal to pass on to somebody that does have the PC stage 1 kit and wants to upgrade though!
Yeah!!! What he said :)

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts