Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

Iv seen a thread back in 2015 regarding procomp long travel system and the issue regarding the lower aram could be snapped. But now we are almost done with 2017 and am sure that procomp was well aware of that issue.
The point is am thinking of getting rid my Kings shocks and get the procomp long travel system for my 2014 tundra. Dose anybody know more about how is handels on road & off roads? Any pros or cons would help me make the discussion to get it or not. Thank you:)

·
Premium Member
15,631 Posts
well it seems like you are aware of their weakness and the fact that they fail. but yet you are still interested in them.
:fou:

stick with kings or fox or even ADS. go with Camburg or Fox for the long travel components. they are race proven and you will not find anyone saying that their setup has failed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it seems like you are aware of their weakness and the fact that they fail. but yet you are still interested in them.
:fou:

stick with kings or fox or even ADS. go with Camburg or Fox for the long travel components. they are race proven and you will not find anyone saying that their setup has failed.

Well, i agree with your point. but if seen some have it with no problem at all. They fell once on testing but haven't heard any problems with them after that. I do agree that camburge LT are tougher. But not to forget the price difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those who do have it dont wheel the shit out of their trucks... those of us who do have Camburg or Fox do wheel the shit out of our trucks. You're in the UAE, and i'm sure you wheel your rigs in some far out places... get whats reliable and proven.

Now i see what you mean well, am on king mid travel and not really happy with those shocks. Any idea if it would make a big difference if i added a secondary and rear bypass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also, what components are you running in the rear? no point in having your front end built up if your rear end doesnt keep up.

Well on rear are the 2.5 adjustable king shocks but now since am have a second thoughts on the procomp. Am thinking of getting king rear bypass so dose for the secondary front shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.